Battle Bitdefender Free vs Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
Hi i am looking for a ligthweigth configuration. I see my computer works well whith Bitdefender free, but i am fan of emsisoft. I like emsi for quick support, professional people, ligthweigth and not unecesary add ons. I know bitdefender free have behavior blocker. In terms of protection i think they are similar and in terms of resource consumtion are similar. What advantaje have Emsi? I see less FP in BD free (include BD is have less alerts and less FP) i never report a suspicious file to bitdefender support and dont know if they are good. ¿What do you think? ¿Emsi offer any advantaje over BD Free?

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
In terms of protection i think they are similar
Not really, no. Emsisoft is a suite, relies on a couple of great modules for active, real-time protection. BitDefender Free is just a basic free antivirus with nothing but web protection and basic real-time protection, with extremely limited features. If you PC behaved well with Emsisoft, I recommend you stick with it. Nevertheless, if you really want to go with BitDefender Free, you can pair it with Hard_Configurator :)

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
quick support

One clear advantage is support. If you purchase Emsisoft you get support. If you go with Bitdefender free, they offer no support.

My personal experience i would rather purchase Emsisoft then go with free Bitdefender. Bitdefender is known to be rather buggy at times. In my 2 years of running Emsisoft in the past, i hardly ever came across any issues.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
Bitdefender offers great protection; I'm talking about the paid products as for the free version I can't really tell as I have never tried it before. If you're having no issues with Bitdefender then stick to it otherwise switch to Emsisoft which is very good choice too.

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Not really, no. Emsisoft is a suite, relies on a couple of great modules for active, real-time protection. BitDefender Free is just a basic free antivirus with nothing but web protection and basic real-time protection, with extremely limited features. If you PC behaved well with Emsisoft, I recommend you stick with it. Nevertheless, if you really want to go with BitDefender Free, you can pair it with Hard_Configurator :)
If you are slightly paranoid about security, then Hard_Configurator will work well with Emsisoft, because it is whitelisted by signatures. I should also mention, that Hard_Configurator can be useful for advanced users. Medium advanced users will be more satisfied when adopting SysHardener.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I don't understand this comparison :unsure:

paid vs free and light basic av vs full suite...so what exactly does he want?

better protection or lightness or less FP's?

I received it as meaning "Do you have the merit of paying money and moving to emisi?"
I think that support right and BB are great advantages.
I personally think that free AV software is for advanced users who are familiar with other software.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I am just curious because in terms of feathres they have the same (Webprotection, behavior shield, and AM), really i like more enmsisoft only want to know your points

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
It does not matter whether a product is free or paid. What really matters is its effectiveness. Personally I would never ever try Bitdefender again as I had one of the worst experiences with it. I had some issues with the product and the support was useless and you can see the proof in their forums. Emsisoft, on the other hand, offers much better support. Bitdefender might fixed their issue but I am not sure. I believe you now have a good insight about the two product, so make up your mind.

Reactions: catjc and jerzy601

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
this comparison makes no sense.
Bitdefender Free as the name suggests is free with limited options.
Emsisoft is a paid program with full capabilities and is better known in every respect.
all you need to do is read on the internet about each of these programs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.