Battle Bitdefender Free vs Sophos Home

permar4

Level 1
Verified
Jul 23, 2017
The last time i tried sophos had no quarantine. However bitdefender is light, simple and good protection in general when using the same engine as the payment version, also had good website protection.

Last edited:

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Well if talking about "experiences" i installed Sophos at my mother's laptop a while ago and had to uninstall it after a couple of months due to high level of infections she had. Lack of enough web alerts for malicious sites or downloads. The only good thing was the possibility to control it from the web if i'm not there. I would go for BitDefender Free complemented with some other modules such as CFW.

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
Join the Sophos Home Beta and you will have Hitman Pro Alert for free. After the beta period, you will have one year fro free.

I tested Sophos for like three months, at the beginning was light but then it became a little heavier in my system. It now has the quarantine option.

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I voted for Sophos Home. Using it for more than a year now without problems. Simple, no ads and very few false positives, which BD have a lot.
Still no quarantaine in the free version, but I think it's finally in the works (about time ;))
It has an automated behaviour blocker built-in too.
I've used Bitdefender before, but it was slowing down my pc and had some annoying bugs. Both products are good, in the end it's just personal taste that matters ;)

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
I voted for Sophos Home. Using it for more than a year now without problems. Simple, no ads and very few false positives, which BD have a lot.
Still no quarantaine in the free version, but I think it's finally in the works (about time ;))
It has an automated behaviour blocker built-in too.
I've used Bitdefender before, but it was slowing down my pc and had some annoying bugs. Both products are good, in the end it's just personal taste that matters ;)
Hi so does the Sophos Home Beta have a Behavior Blocker? I didn't know that. That is good.

budda

Level 2
Verified
Feb 13, 2013
Hands down Bitdefender Free

Better protection than kaspersky free and other AV's.
Behavior blocker in free version can block 0 day threats.
low cpu and ram usage.
Better phishing protection.
Bitdefender + comodo firewall is enough to block all 0 day threats and ransomware attacks.
Bitdefender + voodooshield+ comodo firewall if you are an advanced user.

Reactions: Andrew999

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.