Bitdefender GravityZone Endpoint Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hi Everyone, hope your all okay!

I've been using Bitdefender GravityZone Endpoint Protection and wanted to know your thoughts about whether it's any good etc., My thoughts are minimal, it has application control, web filter, firewall and antivirus, others i.e., Norton offers a considerable amount of protection modules?

Tony :)

H

hjlbx

I've been using Bitdefender GravityZone Endpoint Protection and wanted to know your thoughts about whether it's any good etc., My thoughts are minimal, it has application control, web filter, firewall and antivirus, others i.e., Norton offers a considerable amount of protection modules?

BitDefender quite good - if it works on your specific system. If it works well I would not be inclined to change.

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013

As has been said BD is pretty good, yet this aint BD internet Security and neither is this BD AV.
BGEP is more a beefed up firewall and to be honest there are brands out there (Symantec, Sophos) that have made Endpoint security a true art.
I am not going to say that BGEP is bad because its probably just right. However if you want a EPP solution that has a proven record and does its job without bitching then BGEP is not for you. Stick with Symantec, Sophos or even Kasperky and ESET.

Within the AV industry there are many brands and they all are virtually on par with each other, and there are small differences but all in all there is not a real bad AV program.
Within the EPP industry the gaps are much bigger, i see this every single day at work.
Look i mention Symantec and Sophos EPP pretty often during my posts, this is not because i want to advertise them nor is it because i like them, but there is just no contest between other brands as mentioned the gaps are much bigger between lets say the top 3 and everything below. Kaspersky and ESET are the exception to the rule as they are actually pretty good with their EPP product yet even these names are really miles apart compared to Symantec and Sophos.

In time this may change, and i am happy to see more brands moving into the EPP solutions as it would give us more options to choose from.
I mean the EPP market is being dominated by Symantec and Sophos for years, over 80% of all the western companies that use a EPP solution either has Symantec or Sophos.
Granted Kaspersky seems to move along pretty well as the past year i personally installed a few Kasperky EPP products so that's good to see.
Anyway EPP market is a specialized market and not every brand will do as good as they might do within the AV home market.

Cheers

Reactions: Ink

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Protection wise is same from all BD products, its a matter how you comfortable from the features especially the way of complexity to set it up like Firewall and Application Control.

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Protection wise is same from all BD products, its a matter how you comfortable from the features especially the way of complexity to set it up like Firewall and Application Control.

BD has a good AV engine, yet adding this engine to their EPP will be HIGHLY unlikely due to technical differences.
This due to the fact that the whole solution and concept is fundamentally different.
So yes they add a AV engine but the whole process is different so they will add a different engine, that relies on totally different ways of detecting malware.
So "Protection wise is same from all BD products" is not correct.

Reactions: jamescv7 and Ink
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.