Bitdefender Install Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I decided to give it a try, so I uninstalled ESET and installed Bitdefender. After clicking "continue" the program closes and refuses to open, and doesn't have any process. I also have Emsisoft, but it is compatible with all other AVs.

What should I do?

Edit: Emsisoft and Malwarebytes both aren't on the list of incompatible software. I have a very old McAfee that only has folders, maybe that is the problem. In the meantime, please still post!

Last edited:

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
You do not have nothing else to do than make computer properly clean. All old trash must be removed and also all old registry keys.

toffee

Level 6
Verified
Feb 17, 2013
1. How did you uninstall Eset?
2. Have you tried install Bitdefender from online or offline installer?

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
You do not have nothing else to do than make computer properly clean. All old trash must be removed and also all old registry keys.
@kaljukass, The program doesn't say "Other AV Installed" or something. The window closes and the process auto closes too. I cleaned everything using IObit Uninstaller and used Forced Uninstall, program is now fully uninstalled, but bitdefender still not working!

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
1. How did you uninstall Eset?
2. Have you tried install Bitdefender from online or offline installer?
Both Online and Offline don't work, and I uninstalled ESET from the uninstall program in the program file folder. Is that uninstaller enough?

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Guys, problem solved! I shredded files 30 times using the slowest method and bitdefender is working! Thanks again:)

Reactions: toffee

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Bitdefender just doesn't like some systems...
I suggest you to first read this article by Umbra
http://malwaretips.com/threads/how-...-antiviruses-in-same-time-and-set-them.23954/

And then, maybe you wanna try
http://www.appremover.com/

This program will try to find leftovers from unsuccessfully uninstalled AV's and remove them.
Use this tool with caution
Create restore point and backup all your important data to the self place. Check only entries that is associated with old AV's and not the current one(s).

You may also try offline installers for Bitdefender (online installers doesn't work everytime)
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/BitDefender-Internet-Security-Download-42399.html

Edit, ignore things I said before I saw the previous comments :p :D
I'm glad you've solved your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.