Battle Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 vs Eset smart security v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

illumination

I have used and tested both on my system, and liked Eset smart security 5 more then Bitdefender.. Eset was lighter and had more options to tweak security settings..

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Just a little note: Both are paid products so there might be better paid or free alternatives to this two security products.

Now , ESS 5 is very light on the system resources and it has a great antivirus engine.The main downside with ESS 5 is the zero day protection which is not that great at this point due to the poor configuration of the HIPS,which will basically allow everything that isn't in the pre-defined list of rules. As far as I can see the Automatic mode with rules in ESETs HIPS allows all except manually defined deny rules.

erexh.png

IaItg.png

Video test for ESS 5 :
Uploaded by rynesandbergfan23 on Sep 15, 2011

Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 has a good antivirus engine and as an extra, a sandbox and a site advisor which can be useful when surfing the web. The Bitdenfer behavior blocker called Active Virus Control which is sensitive and can be tweaked to for a even higher degree of protection, the main downside is that can also generate some FP's.
5IEyT.png

With the new Auto Pilot feature BIS 2012 won't bother the user with the firewall or behavior alerts as it did in the 2011 build.
On the System Impact filed, BIS 2012 is a little heavier than ESS 5 , and there are a few report from its users regarding this aspect.

Video test for Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 :
Uploaded by rynesandbergfan23 on Sep 22, 2011

VOTE : ESS 5,mostly because I like products which have a integrated HIPS + the fact that it's very light on the system.

Last edited:

varunit

Level 1
Thread author
Sep 16, 2011
Thank you all for the replies guys.. I had installed BD IS 2012 and had bad experiences...Websites are extremely slow to load. I can't even load google and youtube. I had also posted the same issue on their forums, hope they will fix it asap...

jimbus80

Oct 18, 2011
varunit said:
Thank you all for the replies guys.. I had installed BD IS 2012 and had bad experiences...Websites are extremely slow to load. I can't even load google and youtube. I had also posted the same issue on their forums, hope they will fix it asap...

Yes, ESS much lighter (and better). The real question would be: ESS 5 or Norton 2012?

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
jimbus80 said:
varunit said:

Yes, ESS much lighter (and better). The real question would be: ESS 5 or Norton 2012?

I would have to say Norton.

But ESS is much better overall than Bitdefender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.