Battle Bitdefender Internet Security vs. Avast Premium Security vs. Kaspersky Internet Security

Compare list
Bitdefender Internet Security
Avast Premium Security
Kaspersky Internet Security
In-depth Comparison

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

Kaspersky and Bitdefender are very similar in terms of features and detection.
Their behavioural blocking (System Watcher and Advanced Threat Defence), as well as their heuristic scanning coefficient of detection would not differ too much either.
They are both light, with Bitdefender’s memory usage being a lot higher than Kaspersky and its definitions set being a lot larger. Kaspersky is overall more stable, however Bitdefender might be easier to use and with the Central platform you can take the hassle of AV-management in an Endpoint-protection sort of way. End of the day, it all comes down to what you’re used to.
Both of them offer secure browsers, if you are really into that.

I would not comment on Avast’s privacy issues, and I don’t believe that a product should be sent to the rubbish bin, just because once it was on the news. In terms of detection, performance and features set, it doesn’t stand lower than Kaspersky and Bitdefender. It lacks however, the Intrusion prevention techniques found in both other programs in question. Because you’ve mentioned sandbox, Avast is the only company of them 3 to offer it.

Last edited by a moderator:

James246

Level 1
Verified
Jan 19, 2018
Kaspersky and Bitdefender are very similar in terms of features and detection.
Their behavioural blocking (System Watcher and Advanced Threat Defence), as well as their heuristic scanning coefficient of detection would not differ too much either.
They are both light, with Bitdefender’s memory usage being a lot higher than Kaspersky and its definitions set being a lot larger. Kaspersky is overall more stable, however Bitdefender might be easier to use and with the Central platform you can take the hassle of AV-management in an Endpoint-protection sort of way. End of the day, it all comes down to what you’re used to.
Both of them offer secure browsers, if you are really into that.

I would not comment on Avast’s privacy issues, and I don’t believe that a product should be sent to the rubbish bin, just because once it was on the news. In terms of detection, performance and features set, it doesn’t stand lower than Kaspersky and Bitdefender. It lacks however, the Intrusion prevention techniques found in both other programs in question. Because you’ve mentioned sandbox, Avast is the only company of them 3 to offer it.
My opinion for what it is worth - A tweaked Kasp. is the best in the game by a significant margin

F

ForgottenSeer 89360

My opinion for what it is worth - A tweaked Kasp. is the best in the game by a significant margin
I’m a McAfee Endpoint Security fan, but both Kaspersky and Bitdefender offer powerful protection. Kaspersky is able to detect more threats upfront with more aggressive heuristics, but when it comes to behavioural blocking, both System Watcher and Advanced Threat Defence would be good for a home user and hardly someone will notice the difference.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.