Advice Request Bitdefender IS and Comodo firewall

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric_dj

Level 1
Verified
Nov 22, 2015
Thanks I'll certainly try bit av with comodo firewall, now I am stopped at Norton internet security, should I change to Bit av + Comodo firewall? Because Norton is really good itself.

That will be a well combination, in my opinion.

By the way, Comodo firewall seems to have closed its HIPS module to avoid continious notify (of course, the sandbox module will still on to protect you). It all depend on you.

And Bit av for free may not provide enough configuration.So I never use it.

As for Norton,I think it too silent but enough powerful. What may not satisfied me is that its cloud reputation may kil some files I need...

Evgeny

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 1, 2015
That will be a well combination, in my opinion.

By the way, Comodo firewall seems to have closed its HIPS module to avoid continious notify (of course, the sandbox module will still on to protect you). It all depend on you.

And Bit av for free may not provide enough configuration.So I never use it.

As for Norton,I think it too silent but enough powerful. What may not satisfied me is that its cloud reputation may kil some files I need...

You simply put it to exclusion, Norton will never bother you with that.

eric_dj

Level 1
Verified
Nov 22, 2015
You simply put it to exclusion, Norton will never bother you with that.
Indeed,Norton can be seldom bother you,but I don't like it. I just want to control requests of the applications, it will be annoying, but your devices will be more safer without any doubt. Of course, you also have to understand these requests, more or less.

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
CAV, CIS, and CFW all allow the user to select an option to show as few alerts as possible for AV, Firewall, HIPS and Sandbox modules (in this way the modules auto-perform specific actions). This option during installation is selected by default. You can still change it after the installation by changing the related settings in the COMODO product you installed. (I won't include them in this post because I don't want to make a wall of text :D If you want you can ask specifically for them and people here on MT will definitely answer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.