BitDefender is not compatible with Malwarebytes?

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
Well, I have always used AVG. I know its crappy so I decided to change it, I was going to Bitdefender's site and I downloaded the free anti-virus.
But it says because I have Malwarebytes installed I cant install BitDefender. Now, can I install it without uninstalling Malwarebytes. I know its one and if not the best anti malware programs out there, so what can I do?

-Thanks to all!

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Malwarebytes lost its throne as the best a long time ago.
Also can't you just skip that part of the installer where it says its incompatible?
if you really want to keep malwarebytes, uninstall it, install Bitdefender and install malwarebytes back

Aura

Level 20
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
This is probably because Malwarebytes is set to register itself in the Action Center as the resident Antivirus program. If so, Bitdefender probably won't install, because they know that 2 Antivirus programs shouldn't be installed on the same system.

If you open Malwarebytes and go in the Settings, under "Action Center", you have the option to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Action Center". Do so, restart your computer and try to install Bitdefender again.

Reactions: Parsh

idunno

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2017
Malwarebytes lost its throne as the best a long time ago.
Also can't you just skip that part of the installer where it says its incompatible?
if you really want to keep malwarebytes, uninstall it, install Bitdefender and install malwarebytes back
So what is the best anti malware?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.