bitdefender password management processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
I am using bitdefender total security (thanks to @exterminator20 for a license giveaway) :)

Now my question is that if i can disable these two process related to bitdefender password management.

I have already disabled Wallet in bitdefender settings.

1. Bitdefender Application Password Manager Agent (bdapppassmgr.exe)
  2. Bitdefender Password Manager Agent (pmbxag.exe)

P.S. : I do not do any online transaction of money so I do not feel any need for Wallet.

Reactions: Ink

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
thank you @Earth for your reply.

I too had this in mind to disable the start up entries (using CCleaner or msconfig option). but i was worried about background process. though i will try disabling these startup entries and post back.

Ved

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
ok worked very well . :)

both background process gone and their startup entries are disabled. :)

Reactions: Ink

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Good to know it works, others can use this method too.

It's unfortunate that Wallet and other BD features are not configurable during installation, forcing users to have them installed.

Reactions: Ved
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.