Extended Trial Bitdefender Total Security 180 days for free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promo page
https://www.imtest.de/9944/ratgeber/bitdefender/
How to get a license
[HEADING=2]You need a german IP adress and a mailadress which is not used before on bitdefender[/HEADING]
[HEADING=2][/HEADING]
[HEADING=2][B][I]Ressourcenschonende Sicherheit, die Bedrohungen keine Chance lässt.[/I][/B][/HEADING]
[I][B]Testen Sie Bitdefender KOSTENLOS mit dem exklusiven IMTEST-Angebot – 180 Tage[/B][/I]
Giveaway Terms
https://www.bitdefender.de/media/html/consumer/new/get-your-180-day-trial-opt/index.html

Brownie2019

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 9, 2019
bitdefend.jpg

markstitovits

Level 2
Sep 13, 2022
Free version seems to be available :
Per Jiminy's post above, BD Free is available - it has been running with very low impact (and relatively silent) on my systems.
Still there just under a different URL, haha.

~LDogg
I know that the free version is still available, but I was talking about the "bitdefender.com/free" site they had. you could get 90 days of total security for free. (side note: the free version was never under that URL.)

windows1064

Level 1
Jan 7, 2020
Heavy, 101 snake oil components without option for custom installation + 2 chrome extensions, lower cinebench and novabench result than Microsoft Defender, FOUR seconds slower boot time. Removed. No third party security suite = no problems.
Thanks god that I didn't install this ##### on my main pc.

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
Heavy, 101 snake oil components without option for custom installation + 2 chrome extensions, lower cinebench and novabench result than Microsoft Defender, FOUR seconds slower boot time. Removed. No third party security suite = no problems.
Thanks god that I didn't install this ##### on my main pc.
I differ a lot in what you mention. In fact, bitdefender is quite lightweight, and is much less annoying than Windows Defender. It uses me around 270 mb of ram, if it is true there are 11 processes in ram but the truth is not noticeable. It takes a while to start but the system doesn't slow me down. I have a fairly modest and old computer. core 2 duo + 8 gb ram and gtx 680.
Greetings.

windows1064

Level 1
Jan 7, 2020
About ram usage - it's not a problem, even if app takes 1 gb ram. I just don't feel it snapy like Avast, Eset and MD. Maybe different pc>different experience.
Would be nice if most antivirus apps give a option what components to install. Most of them looks like a bloated toys or optimization apps.

Jengo, I know about Avast, but thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: amico81 and roger_m

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
About ram usage - it's not a problem, even if app takes 1 gb ram. I just don't feel it snapy like Avast, Eset and MD. Maybe different pc>different experience.
Would be nice if most antivirus apps give a option what components to install. Most of them looks like a bloated toys or optimization apps.
Avast Premium has this option, to select what you want.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I differ a lot in what you mention. In fact, bitdefender is quite lightweight, and is much less annoying than Windows Defender. It uses me around 270 mb of ram, if it is true there are 11 processes in ram but the truth is not noticeable. It takes a while to start but the system doesn't slow me down. I have a fairly modest and old computer. core 2 duo + 8 gb ram and gtx 680.
Greetings.
This is not true, this varies from computer to computer I used Bitdefender Total Security for 4 years from 2016-2020 in old computer, with 2GB of ram but had SSD, was light used only 300MB with all services after two weeks the consumption fell to 200MB and was so until the 2020 version, after the 2021 version began the swelling, on old computers with HDD and low ram memory I would not recommend installing the BD still Microsoft defender is the lightest AV. In relation to efficiency, yes it is very good, mainly web protection, 4 years using it and no malware infection, blocked phishing perfectly, and an AV that you install and forget about.

Slerion

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2016
I must say its super Lightweight for me.

Uses 200mb on a 32gb Ram PC ( usually 32gb means Programs use / reserve more which is absolutely fine ! empty ram is wasted ram ! i allways find it hilarious when people say "500mb thats heavy! no that means the AV uses ram intelligent and can act faster cause its loaded.)
and whats way more Important, it uses nearly to no CPU on a 5700x it mostly randomly jumps to 01-0,8% but mostly idles at 0% ( the real metric that tells you if a AV is a performance hog)

WD often spiked to 1-5% rarely even 7%. CPU.

what helped BD likely is that i installed it and did a full system scan to Help proton Adapt via caching and stuff.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
what helped BD likely is that i installed it and did a full system scan to Help proton Adapt via caching and stuff.
+1 Exactly, that's what I forgot to mention, usually you install the BD and do a full system check, after a week or two passes, the ram consumption drops quite a bit, I believe the BD adapts to your hardware. If you asked me if this is true if it helps the proton adapt? yes it is true as long as you don't mess with the BD settings after that, otherwise it stays light as a feather. Unfortunately I am without a computer and notebook all 3 that I have had problems, and cell phone is bad to comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.