Bitdefender Total Security 2016 (Safepay) safety "Result"

WikiLeaks

Thread author
Jun 23, 2016
Hi,
I am testing the best security configuration along with Bitdefende TS 2016, with other specific security apps and without hogging the computer resources.

Note: Additional test included as follow:
  • Zemana Antilogger Premium is not work with Win 10 64bit and all leaks are failed.
  • Zemana Antimalware Premium installed and it has no Anti-Keylogger/ScreenLogger/ClipBoardLogger protection.
Bottom Line:
Bitdefender & Zemana did a great job on file detection and remove the infected files and prevent the running, but once the Logger apps are running failed on presentation (Disabled real-time protection for testing then activate again after the Logger active"

WikiLeaks

Thread author
Jun 23, 2016
I don't understand your review. You tested Bitdefender or Zemana?

Bitdefender has tools "Safepay" it's isolated browser, The testing target the safepay against KeyLogger and other logger too.

Zemana is additional layer for protection and I mentioned the result in both cases, with Bitdefender only and with Zemana both product with premium.

I forget to add that, Zemana Anti-KeyLogger Free passed the test for KeyLogger "Because its work with win 10 64bit", but it has no feature of Anti-ScreenLogger/ClipBoardLogger/WebCamLogger.

The point is the "Safepay" in Bitdefender TS 2016 is good for secure browser transactions.

A

Alkajak

What logger tests did you use?
What samples did you use?
What did you think about Bitdefender's ease of use and GUI?
What were the system resources like?
What kind of performance impact did you notice?
Why did you use non-Bitdefender secondary products when testing Bitdefender?

I ask because I'm curious about your ratings for each category.

WikiLeaks

Thread author
Jun 23, 2016
What logger tests did you use?
What samples did you use?
What did you think about Bitdefender's ease of use and GUI?
What were the system resources like?
What kind of performance impact did you notice?
Why did you use non-Bitdefender secondary products when testing Bitdefender?

I ask because I'm curious about your ratings for each category.

• I used Zemana AntiLogger Leak test
  • Bitdefender GUI is easy and Safepay is simple browser
  • Win 10 64bit/ i7 4th generation/ 256 SSD/ 8GB Ram on VirtualBox
  • Performance is great as long as you did not install additional real-time protection software
  • I used another software because I am targeting protection against Logger leaks with Bitdefender tool "Safepay"
The Bitdefender has very good detection but if you infected with running logger then the Ant-Logger is must to protect against 4 types of logger.

WikiLeaks

Thread author
Jun 23, 2016
Why Bitdefender Total Security and not Bitdefender Safepay (standalone)?

Bitdefender Safepay

Bitdefender Total Security 2016 and Antivirus include "Safepay", no need to download it separately unless you are using another protection software.

The point is if you don't have Anti-KeyLogger in your system then you can use "safepay" for secure transactions which protect you from Keylogger "if it's already active"

A

Alkajak

Bitdefender Total Security 2016 and Antivirus include "Safepay", no need to download it separately unless you are using another protection software.

I believe what he was asking you is if you're reviewing Safepay only, why test Bitdefender Total Security as a whole? This is more of a review on Bitdefender Safepay, not Bitdefender Total Security.

WikiLeaks

Thread author
Jun 23, 2016
I believe what he was asking you is if you're reviewing Safepay only, why test Bitdefender Total Security as a whole? This is more of a review on Bitdefender Safepay, not Bitdefender Total Security.

Aha, Thank you for clarifying the question. I tested under Bitdefender TS to see if the BTS will protect against Loggers in normal situation and under "safepay".
For example; I know the safepay will protect you from KeyLogger but the test show it pass KeyLogger & ScreenLogger test but it failed in ClipBoardLogger in both Bitdefender & safepay.

The test show Bitdefender is not protecting you from Loggers apps, and safepay can protect you from two types of Logger apps, so Anti-Logger solution is must if you need protection from 4 types or at least yu can use safepay to protect you from 2 types only.

Reactions: DardiM and Alkajak

WikiLeaks

Thread author
Jun 23, 2016
The problem is the Zemana Anti-Logger premium is not working with windows 10 64bit, and the spyShield is heavy on the system once its installed with others protection systems.

I am looking for best configuration for protection. Until now I am using Bitdefender TS 2016 with VoodoShield and for KeyLogger protection I am using "safepay" until I found good Logger protection work well with win 10 64bit and not hogging resources.

Reactions: DardiM

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.