On Sale! Bitdefender Total Security 2019 up to 5 Devices - $19.99

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
i read that bitdefender does not do well with ransomwares. any one, please correct me if i am wrong. ;)
Don't open any email attachements unless you are sure they are safe. If you're not click happy and keep Windows, the web browsers you use and other vulnerable software updated, then it highly unlikely you will ever get infected with ransomware. Also, you should keep current backups of your system,, so you have a clean backup to restore from if you get infected.

It's much better to do than than depend on your antivirus to protect you from ransomware, as no antivirus will give you 100% protection.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I want to be able to click any thing. the antivirus is supposed to protect me. just saying. ;)
If you do that will get infected sooner or later. When that happens, no doubt you will be looking for a "better" antivirus, as your antivirus didn't protect you. But the reality is that no antivirus, no matter how good it is or is claimed to be, will protect against everything.

I know that it is highly likely I will get infected. But I have not gone to great lengths to secure my system, I am just not click happy and keep my computer updated. It's not hard to do.

• Applause
Reactions: Weebarra and Brie

Brie

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 1, 2018
:giggle: hi

I have gone to great lengths to secure my system, I want to be able to click on a few sites without fear.

i Don't open any email attachments unless i am are sure they are safe. i keep windows, the web browsers i use and other vulnerable software updated.

i keep current backups of my system. my clean backup did not restore from when my OS broke. aomei backupper did not save me. i accidently clicked the wrong button on voodooshield.

my antivirus should protect me from ransomware. i read of other people getting it all the time. i realize no antivirus will give me 100% protection. just my opinion.
thank you for your input.

bitdefender is a great software, but Cs and evjl's r said that the ransomware module was not good.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.