Expired Bitdefender Total Security 6 Months Free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Promo page
www.bitdefender.com
How to get a license
Enter your email & Confirm.

Dark Knight

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
First ...... Bitdefender has become nothing short of bloatware, just the Antivirus product by itself has more features than the everyday home user will ever need or use.

Second ...... Bitdefender takes control of your system, it kind of locks it down making a simple task of just setting a restore point impossible. After investigating the issue, Bitdefender's answer to it was a.) uninstall the product completely, set your restore point then re-install :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: or b.) boot your system into safe mode, set your restore point and re-boot :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. How about this Bitdefender ...... fix it? but that would be too much to ask wouldn't it?

Back in the day I used to really love this product, not so much anymore. I would not recommend this to anyone, free subscription or not, because after you install it somewhere down the line you are going to have to perform a task you don't perform every day and won't be able to, your system will throw up errors at you and the culprit will be Bitdefender and chances are there will be no work around for the issue other than what I outlined above.

If you modify your system with custom themes and icon packs ..... plan on giving it up because in most instances one needs to disable their antivirus in order to install custom icons, you cannot do this with Bitdefender anymore, it no longer lets you disable it's running processes in task manager and even if you shut it down at it's dashboard it continues to run and will either quarantine or delete anything it deems a virus.
I cannot recommend this product to anyone.

Last edited:

askfriends

Level 1
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
guys need your help

i used opera vpn and process went alright, but after i installed the software i came to know that its total security not internet security, further it asked for promo code or use it as trial so i chose trial, but i got 30 days trial only...how to tackle this?

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
guys need your help

i used opera vpn and process went alright, but after i installed the software i came to know that its total security not internet security, further it asked for promo code or use it as trial so i chose trial, but i got 30 days trial only...how to tackle this?
Try this if you haven't already.

Reactions: Venustus and JB007

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
yes i already have bitdefender account so i used it and logged in, but i dont have a code so how to get code?
i only got download link in email.but no any code.
You do not need to insert a key during installation. You’ve downloaded the product directly from your account, so it comes pre-activated.
Odd that it asked about the promo code and understand you went with the trial, but could possible come from it haven't detected a correct country IP from the start. US and Canada only.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
guys need your help

Try with this extension US or Canada ip ;)
You can install it at Opera

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Bitdefender destroys my boot time completely. Not sure what it is doing but my Windows 10 config does not like it tampering during boot. Boot times go from 8 sec to 1 minute. Had to not just uninstall but restore a backup to get rid of whatever hooks screwed up my Windows installation.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I have an old BD account and I did not have any problem to activate these 6 months free.
I used Free VPN extension on Chrome and Temp Mail - Disposable Temporary Email for the Email address.
bd2.PNG

bd1.PNG

Reactions: Iapepe and Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.