Status
Not open for further replies.

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
I currently have bdts 2014 installed in my machine. I also tried kas is 2014 but found very very slow on my machine. It takes upto 20 mins. to load the app. My config is 2 gb ram 500 gb hdd win 7 and xp dual boot. I also noticed that kaspersky has less signatures(around 60 lakhs) but bitdef has more(around 1 crore ). I dont know why people prefers kaspersky in my country and also my friends. The person who repairs my pc told "buy kaspersky or quickheal and other products (including some well known) are roguewares". I personally prefer bitdef but if someone shows the right way i will be very grateful. My budget is low.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
xp user and 2 GB RAM, kaspersky is not for you.

Bitdefender antivrus signature is very good. But it causes network connection problem. I would be surprised if you do not face internet connection problem using bitdefender.

I consider these antivirus as good : kaspersky, bitdefender, eset, emsisoft, f secure, 360 IS, G DATA, comodo, bullguard.

You should choose from eset, f secure, 360 IS, bullguard.

Cheapest is 360 Internet Security . its free.
next you should consider eset and f secure.
last bullguard.

Reactions: Shadowave

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
You can still be protected by a free software like Avast, Avira, Tiranium, since you're a Bitdefender fan then try 360 Internet Security its has 3 engines (Bitdefender, 360 Cloud, QVM II Heuristics engine) and its free and doesn't slow down your machine. will be prefect for your 2GB of RAM.

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
In my country following products are sold

kaspersky bitdef escan quickheal k7 trendmicro norton mcafee only these few.

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
xp user and 2 GB RAM, kaspersky is not for you.

Bitdefender antivrus signature is very good. But it causes network connection problem. I would be surprised if you do not face internet connection problem using bitdefender.

I consider these antivirus as good : kaspersky, bitdefender, eset, emsisoft, f secure, 360 IS, G DATA, comodo, bullguard.

You should choose from eset, f secure, 360 IS, bullguard.

Cheapest is 360 Internet Security . its free.
next you should consider eset and f secure.
last bullguard.
till now i have not faced any problems in internet conn.

Y

yigido

Your system is slow for Kasp..
and you do not have to buy an security product.. Free products also offer security. You should choose 360 IS

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
Previously in the year 2012 and 13 i used kas int. 1 yr paid. But 2014 product is too much heavy

Reactions: yigido

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
right now if u r comfortable with Bitdefender then stay with it. the latest product of bitdefender offers good protection and even light weight. If u r facing any problem internet connectivity, then u must contact the customer support they response well for chat session. if u cant connect them through then let me know i will try to help u to fix it.

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
I got the Bitdefender TS 2014 license (thanks to @exterminator20). It is really fast and very light.Inappreciable lags in running applications and very fast scanning.

But for past few days my laptop fan kept running every 5 minutes, with no background application and no other real time protection AV except Bitdefender TS, and on unusual running tasks and processes.I even disabled windows features (like Windows search and visual effects). to my dismay, fan problem still not solved.

I uninstalled Bitdefender TS and it's been 3 days, fan not running erratically.:) i think this has solved my problem but i had to let go Bitdefender TS 2014 off my system. :(

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
and as far as KIS 2014 is concerned, I tried it earlier, its a little heavy on first running of applications, subsequent running of applications seems normal.

Frequent rootkit scanning (though this can be disabled) and it's right click context menu for scanning option remains grayed out always . :(

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
Have you considered using a Free Antivirus? If not, why?
free antivirus does not give enough protection. However i like this forum very much because here we can get 1 yr to 6 month genuine lic key for security soft. Also i have got the genuine lic key for that bitdefender from here.

Reactions: yigido

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
I got the Bitdefender TS 2014 license (thanks to @exterminator20). It is really fast and very light.Inappreciable lags in running applications and very fast scanning.

But for past few days my laptop fan kept running every 5 minutes, with no background application and no other real time protection AV except Bitdefender TS, and on unusual running tasks and processes.I even disabled windows features (like Windows search and visual effects). to my dismay, fan problem still not solved.

I uninstalled Bitdefender TS and it's been 3 days, fan not running erratically.:) i think this has solved my problem but i had to let go Bitdefender TS 2014 off my system. :(
till now i have no problem
and as far as KIS 2014 is concerned, I tried it earlier, its a little heavy on first running of applications, subsequent running of applications seems normal.

Frequent rootkit scanning (though this can be disabled) and it's right click context menu for scanning option remains grayed out always . :(
kaspersky doesn't detect bot and tracking cookies.

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
In my country following products are sold

kaspersky bitdef escan quickheal k7 trendmicro norton mcafee only these few.
Maybe you can give a try to Norton. I'm a norton user and I haven't found any glitch as of yet. And its ultra lightweight too. I'm not saying others are bad. Just saying, you can give norton a try.

Reactions: Ved and PVA_BR

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
Maybe you can give a try to Norton. I'm a norton user and I haven't found any glitch as of yet. And its ultra lightweight too. I'm not saying others are bad. Just saying, you can give norton a try.

:) i thought i was the only NIS user here at MT.Glad to found someone talking in favor of Norton..I am too going back to NIS. :)

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
:) i thought i was the only NIS user here at MT.Glad to found someone talking in favor of Norton..I am too going back to NIS. :)
lol.... NIS has been working PERFECT for me. Tried BTS once but reverted back to NIS. No complaint whatsoever. Sometimes I wonder why people out here don't even consider NIS. Now at least there's two.... me and you Ved. :D

Reactions: Ved

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014

i agree on being it very light on system, however, this link gives it a comparatively high ratings (in seconds) for performance impact (low results for Bitdefender, Kaspersky, F-secure):
http://www.av-test.org/no_cache/en/tests/test-reports/?tx_avtestreports_pi1[report_no]=134942

i am unable to concur this because i felt no performance impact with Norton.

any view on this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.