Status
Not open for further replies.

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
I currently have bdts 2014 installed in my machine. I also tried kas is 2014 but found very very slow on my machine. It takes upto 20 mins. to load the app. My config is 2 gb ram 500 gb hdd win 7 and xp dual boot. I also noticed that kaspersky has less signatures(around 60 lakhs) but bitdef has more(around 1 crore ). I dont know why people prefers kaspersky in my country and also my friends. The person who repairs my pc told "buy kaspersky or quickheal and other products (including some well known) are roguewares". I personally prefer bitdef but if someone shows the right way i will be very grateful. My budget is low.

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
i agree on being it very light on system, however, this link gives it a comparatively high ratings (in seconds) for performance impact (low results for Bitdefender, Kaspersky, F-secure):
http://www.av-test.org/no_cache/en/tests/test-reports/?tx_avtestreports_pi1[report_no]=134942

i am unable to concur this because i felt no performance impact with Norton.

any view on this ?
Well that's strange !!!! I never felt any impact on my system. I think its way lighter than BTS.

normalizerx

Level 2
Oct 9, 2012
The Performance test of Av-Test is either biased or totally incompetent. Harsh words, yes, but this is my opinion. Norton is much lighter in overall impact compared to both Kaspersky and Bitdefender, and I have tried the three of them plus many more. Tried them on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1. I agree that KIS 2014 (at least for me) is lighter than its predecessor but it still is no match for Norton, of course speaking performance-wise. As to the level of protection, I think both Kaspersky and Bitdefender are better than Norton.

Ved

Level 3
Verified
Jan 19, 2014
The Performance test of Av-Test is either biased or totally incompetent. Harsh words, yes, but this is my opinion. Norton is much lighter in overall impact compared to both Kaspersky and Bitdefender, and I have tried the three of them plus many more. Tried them on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1. I agree that KIS 2014 (at least for me) is lighter than its predecessor but it still is no match for Norton, of course speaking performance-wise. As to the level of protection, I think both Kaspersky and Bitdefender are better than Norton.

i agree.

anyways have you encountered the graying (unusable) of right click scan contextual menu in KIS 2014.

trainbus120

Level 10
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
It basically depends on the no of processes a security suit has which means it heavy on system resources. If you want a basic protection try avira free. since you wanted to know b/w BTS and KIS, I would suggest BTS. reason being the protection levels are at par but BTS has safepay browser which I find very useful and secure.

Reactions: Rahadian Putra

14troy14

Level 1
May 12, 2011
Let me see... :confused:

Last year I was using BD IS for the first half of the year then I changed to NIS. I had A LOT of Internet issues due to BD firewall. My system was starting so slow when I was using BD, it was really bad. I know it offers great protection, they got good signatures, but there are too many bugs. Then I changed to Norton because I wanted an AV with better performance but still with good protection. This half year was better. Issues were gone, but in some test I did in a old machine that is now in the garbage, the computer running Norton IS was getting infected all the time I tested it (5 tests with only 10 Zero-Day links from Malc0de Database, spread over five months so one per month). I dont know if the quality of their signatures dropped, but it wasn't good as what it was before IMO. Some websites that test security suites like Av-test.org saw their drop too, as Norton was usually on the top, but it wasn't the case anymore. They even withdraw their product of Av-comparatives.com tests. I really didn't like it. I was like they were trying to hide something to me. So at the beginning of this year, I changed again, this time to KIS 2014. It's a bit heavier than BD IS and a lot more than NIS, but it's the one between the 3 that offers the best protection IMO, as what my test demonstrated. Also, I don't have any issues with KIS, either connection or impact problems. It did better than the two other AVs, leaving the test machine clean in my test (4 test so far with the same procedure).

So all in all, I really suggest Kaspersky Internet Security. :D

Reactions: Littlebits

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I personally think that both are excellent products that offer great protection. I would choose Kaspersky, but then I have 32GB of RAM so I have no slow downs. Bitdefender has over 500 million users, and Kaspersky has over 300 million users so volumes speak words......

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Comodo IS and Qihoo 360 IS (Free), ESET Smart Security (Paid)

But if you really like to use BD why not try 360 IS? It has BD's engine and it's free!

sona

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 14, 2013
:p.Now i have installed this
fdg.png

Attachments

• fdg.png
    fdg.png
    958.5 KB · Views: 373
Reactions: Rahadian Putra

wajiman

Level 5
Verified
Jul 18, 2013
I would say bitdefender although it's a bit buggy but I did not have any firewall issues. Protection is very good as compared with other vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.