Bitdefender TS 2015 : Faster & better

Product name
Bitdefender TS 2015
Pros
  • Faster and cleaner UI. Safepay is responsive and quicker. One click optimizer is good.
CONS
Installer 480 MB huge.
BOTTOM LINE
I hope mass complaint of BTS being buggy and slow has been taken care of.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Hello Everyone,

When the 2015 version(s) comes out, can I stick with the 2014 version as it's more stable or do I have to upgrade?

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Everyone,

When the 2015 version(s) comes out, can I stick with the 2014 version as it's more stable or do I have to upgrade?
If your version is stable, of course it remains fine and even sensible to 'stick with'.:cool: Newer may not always be better, yet back when I used Bitdefender Free, when it was incompatible with then Windows 8,:mad: something newer would have been been an improvement then.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

PVA_BR

Level 4
Verified
Jan 4, 2014
Does anyone know if they fixed in the final version that oooold bug that dramatically drops internet speed ?

Update: I've upgraded to BitDefender Total Security 2015. At least on my machine, the bug seems to be nonexistent in this version.
Finally, Bitdefender!
And TS2015 it's even more faster than TS2014

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
I have an AMD phenom 2 CPU (2009) (4 cores) and 4gb of ram.
I installed bd 2015 IS some hours ago, and until now it does not seem to cause slowdowns. We ll see ..

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Hello everyone!

BitDefender is good at protecting users from malware, but everytime I was promised about low impact on systems, I saw that people was wrong, and honestly I don't thing this version'll be significantly better than previous one (with its half-disappointing Photon feature) :/

emmm i think it is your config. Long time ago i used bitdefender for several months and no remarcable slow down was present even making a contextual scan. process dont take more than 100mb (idle) or 200mb (on scan) and cpu usage was ok. BUT i decided to uninstall it because when bitdefender updates the signature, most of the time the pc got freezed, I hated that besides that no others problems... ahh ok just to mention the incompatibility with some products and the internet slow down. I will try this new ver.

I am talking about a intel celeron b800 cpu and 2gb of ram.... soo... if it works for me why not for you?

Last edited:

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
emmm i think it is your config. Long time ago i used bitdefender for several months and no remarcable slow down was present even making a contextual scan. process dont they more than 100mb (idle) or 200mb (on scan) and cpu usage was ok. BUT i decided to uninstall it because when bitdefender updates the signature, most of the time the pc got freezed, I hated that besides that no others problems... ahh ok just to mention the incompatibility with some products and the internet slow down. I will try this new ver.

I am talking about a intel celeron b800 cpu and 2gb of ram.... soo... if it works for me why not for you?

Don't bother yourself trying to convince me giving another chance to BitDefender, it is only a source of disappointments since v2012 (slowdowns, stability issues from bearable to endless BSODs, and on) :/ If you're happy with it, good for you, as for me I won't try again nor I will ever advise it to anyone ^^
I'd even go as far as I'm feeling sad about this product having such a success when it would still need A LOT of work to deserve that! x/

Last edited:

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Don't bother yourself trying to convince me giving another chance to BitDefender, it is only a source of disappointments since v2012 (slowdowns, stability issues from bearable to endless BSODs, and on). If you're happy with it, good for you, as for me I won't try again nor I will ever advise it to anyone ^^

I am not a marketing agent (of them... ) is my opinion. I know it may have some errors but still is a good product, may be you are right, but those kind of errors in my case ocurred in non supported pc´s (runing windows 8.1 but due to the old chipset, there was no support for drivers). But if you think it is a bad product, good for you.... i didnt try to convince you... it was just my opinion

Reactions: Oxygen

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello friends I use Bitdefender Total 2015 and the truth is, I had no errors whatsoever and navigation seems it is faster than the 2014 version.
And least slows Pc.

Reactions: PVA_BR

Nick2000

Oct 24, 2014
Bitdefender still sux. I tried it one more time today and finally gave up. I have tried it around 5 times just cause of all the great reviews it seems to get from independent test sites, but have not been able to run it for 24 hrs without it giving me problems. Today again as soon as I installed it , it stopped me connecting to Microsoft Management console giving RPC errors. Guess one should lookup actual user reviews instead of controlled lab reviews.

I am currently trying a combination of Kaspersky Internet Multi-Device 2015, Malwarebytes Premium, SpyShelter and Adblock plus. Have tried the combination with Symantec instead of Kaspersky. Both seem to work fine.Oh Yes and have Hitman Pro sitting behind all that with Emsisoft Emergency kit standing by. Haven't faced any slowdown in my system except maybe a bit during boot and shutdown though negligible . But once its up it runs fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Gdant

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
I tried Bitdefender Total as well as Internet Security 2015, both slows down my notebook(even though with 4th Gen i5,Windows 8.1,4gb ram). There can be different opinions of people but we can see even on MalwareTips that some of the new adwares,malwares,RT get undetected by it though many say that it has superior protection.No antivirus is perfect.
I don't want to say more about it protection as you can see from daily new threats analysis on MT.
It can be that it is not fully optimised for Windows 8.1.It's upto you whichever you choose but Bitdefender really slows down my PC(especially compared to Eset Smart Security), I can't say about others.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.