Battle Bitdefender vs Comodo Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZeroDay

A week ago I would have said Bitdefender, but I really am unsure now. I think if you set CIS correctly not much will beat it. Whereas there's only so many settings you can change on Bitdefender and I don't think any of those would have much impact on zero day protection. I believe Bitdefender's av is stronger than Comodo's and BD also has a great web filter, But for overall protection I think it would have to be CIS with tweaked settings.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
i choose comodo and i think it offers stronger protection.Bitdefender is more bloated out the 2 and unfortunately every year comodo is adding on the pork.
but both are good products.

Z

ZeroDay

Striker said:
I dont thing any AV Product can beat tweakt CIS for overall Portection atm.

I dunno, if you set Kaspersky's application control to untrusted which is the same as blocked in Comodo, I think KIS would give CIS a run for it's money.

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Spirit said:
Bitdefender vs Comodo Internet Security

I would definitely go for comodo IS,bitdefender is really buggy and it doesn't seem good for a av product which is dominating( currently) in security field,rather than lending their av module to other companies they should concentrate in improving their product.The feature I like most in bitdefender is their autopilot,i wish comodo too include a feature like that so the average users can also use comodo easily( which I think currently is not possible).bitdefender av is much better than comodo av,but comodo internet security as a whole is a powerfull suite...

Z

ZeroDay

McLovin said:
Just ask ZeroDay, he will know. :p

Haha ) I think Bitdefender's Av is much stronger than Comodo's, but I think Comodo has better zero day protection. So I'm going to stick with my mix of the two :)

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
I uninstall KIS for Cis,Cis is best,i am using it more than other security software.
Cis realise you that you have a antivirus in your pc, in its default setting too(via hips or some time via firewall after installing new software). ;) like in Kis or Bis you don't see pop-up alert(compare to Cis),if once you used Cis after switching to another Av(like Kis ) you missed that pop-up alert. :)

alexp79

Level 2
Verified
Jul 16, 2013
hello
from my experience i wouldn't choose any of those two products; comodo isn't so stable and i had really bad experiences and crashes with it on my past computer; bitdefender is ok but i had few bugs each time i tried to uninstall it.
I find also bitdefender quite heavy on ressources.
Overall its' not bad products in term of protection but lighness and stability are important for me^^

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Neither?

Bitdefender has a great AV, but nothing else appealing for a paid suite. Bitdefender's Free Antivirus, lacks a lot of options. Bitdefender Trafficlight is no longer supported for Internet Explorer.

Comodo mostly known for it's Defense+. Their AV feels like a plain sheet of A4 paper, their Whitelist isn't all trustworthy, few FP in sandboxing legitimate programs and too much extra bloat in the package (ie. GeekBuddy, Dragon). Finally, correct me if I'm wrong but Virtual Kiosk requires Microsoft Silverlight for the fancy UI?

Judged on Standard installations.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

For antivirus part I would say Bitdefender.

Overall I would say Comodo(IS).

My vote to Comodo!

Have a nice day!

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Earth said:
Neither?

Bitdefender has a great AV, but nothing else appealing for a paid suite. Bitdefender's Free Antivirus, lacks a lot of options. Bitdefender Trafficlight is no longer supported for Internet Explorer.

Comodo mostly known for it's Defense+. Their AV feels like a plain sheet of A4 paper, their Whitelist isn't all trustworthy, few FP in sandboxing legitimate programs and too much extra bloat in the package (ie. GeekBuddy, Dragon). Finally, correct me if I'm wrong but Virtual Kiosk requires Microsoft Silverlight for the fancy UI?

Judged on Standard installations.

The comodo whitelist is indeed quite iffy and it has been known in the past where malware has been whitelisted and then of course we have the issuing of digital certs to malware authors fiasco and so if we combine these 2 then comodo cloud would seem a dicey option.

However the geek buddy and dragon can simply be unticked upon installation.
Silverlight is only needed for the tablet mode in kiosk and kiosk runs fine without it.
But the comodo pop up gives the impression that dragon and silverlight are crucial for the kiosk to work and this is simply a scare tactic to get the end user to download and install their browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.