Battle Bitdefender vs Comodo Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Comodo! At this point! BitDefender as too many false positives.

Here you go:

My current setup:

> Comodo Firewall worked with Windows 8.1
> 360 Internet Security
> Webroot SecureAnywhere for Phishing
> Hitman Pro
> Malwarebtyes Anti-Malware as secondary scanner
> Malwarebytes exploit beta.

Reactions: Venustus

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Since an old thread has been bumped I might as well chime in.

Comodo! At this point! BitDefender as too many false positives.

Agree and Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 crashed during install on Windows 8.1.I Should have looked before trying but figured that there was enough time to make it compatible.
Bitdefender is not Windows 8.1 compatible however that doesn't really affect my choice of Comodo

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
I tried Bitdefender and found it awful, uninstalled after a couple of months, went back to Comodo fw together with Emsi AM (paid). Why did I find it awful, can't actually remember, duh, oh yeah, it was unstable (found the settings changed by themselves), along with a couple of other reasons that appear to elude me :confused:

I

illumination

Im running windows 8.1, so CIS would be my choice, as exterminator20 pointed out, i would how ever choose CIS over BD even if it were fully compatible.

Reactions: House_maniac

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Our lap top with Windows 8.1 ran "Bitdefender Free" for a few weeks with no problems. I didn't even notice it was there. After installing Zemana AntiLogger, a "Kernal error on disk" occured. This left my touchscreen :eek:blue. Santa's elves must have made a mistake!:oops:Christmas eve, I refreshed the entire system back down to Windows 8 which reset everything back to factory settings. This removed all non-Windows applications including Bitdefender Free. Then, I learned (here) that Bitdefender is incompatible with Windows 8.1 (Thank you, Exterminator);). After learning how UAC (User Account Control) Security in Windows 8 is amazingly effective, I now see 3rd party Antivirus & Firewall software are not my only choices. Armed with that knowledge, I use Windows Defender Antivirus & Windows Firewall. Both come installed in both Windows 7 & 8. They just need activation, but if I had to choose between Bitdefender or Commodo I would choose Commodo.*crosses fingers*:D *Takes Deep Breath*:rolleyes:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Our lap top with Windows 8.1 ran "Bitdefender Free" for a few weeks with no problems. I didn't even notice it was there. After installing Zemana AntiLogger, a "Kernal error on disk" occured. This left my touchscreen :eek:blue. Santa's elves must have made a mistake!:oops:Christmas eve, I refreshed the entire system back down to Windows 8 which reset everything back to factory settings. This removed all non-Windows applications including Bitdefender Free. Then, I learned (here) that Bitdefender is incompatible with Windows 8.1 (Thank you, Exterminator);). After learning how UAC (User Account Control) Security in Windows 8 is amazingly effective, I now see 3rd party Antivirus & Firewall software are not my only choices. Armed with that knowledge, I use Windows Defender Antivirus & Windows Firewall. Both come installed in both Windows 7 & 8. They just need activation, but if I had to choose between Bitdefender or Commodo I would choose Commodo.*crosses fingers*:D *Takes Deep Breath*:rolleyes:

Some say Bitdefender free is compatible with 8.1? If you have last pass installed and have your sites bookmarked (at least the important ones) and passwords saved in last pass you really don't need Zemana.Since they are encrypted and you can auto login there are no keystrokes .ESET Smart Security 7 runs very well on 8.1 and is very light on your system.I don't know if you have ever used it.
If you would like to try it out I can hook you up with a 90 day trial and see what you think.

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
bitdefender causes problem with internet connection. So i don't use bitdefender.

So i will choose comodo from the two.

i use f secure internet security 2014. light on system resoucres. Very good malware detection rate. i have malwarebytes and hitman pro also. i regularly scan my system with hitman pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.