Battle Bitdefender vs Kaspersky (2016). System Impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurs

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 15, 2014
Hafif Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 vs Bitdefender Internet Security 2016?

Sistemi: Windows 10, 64 Bit, İntel.

1.png

2.png

3.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Butterfly
H

hjlbx

It is not clear-cut answer.

Bitdefender adds less to system reboot. Kaspersky much longer reboot.

Bitdefender uses about 200 to 300 MB RAM.

Bitdefender requires more advanced IT knowledge to solve problems when it issues occur.

Kaspersky has much better protections - much. Bitdefender needs supplement like NVT ERP because it is weak against some malicious scripts.

Bitdefender is good for laptop; has low battery mode.

Kaspersky is good for desktop and probably the best IS suite for family.

H

hjlbx

I'm using a laptop. I do not use battery

Kaspersky, overall, provides better protections. It has long system reboot. Otherwise, it uses low system resources during work at desktop.

BItdefender can be buggy. If you do not know how to fix problems on your own, then it can be quite frustrating.

Overall, Kaspersky provides better user experience.

Reactions: XhenEd and Kate_L
L

LabZero

System impact.
I have tested BIS 2016 and It's light enough on performance during normal use, PC slows down while scanning and slightly on boot.
Regarding tests performed on the previous version of KIS, it's always heavy.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Would the hybrid shutdown* affect the performance of security software? If you have a powerful system, no other conflicting software then I don't see why you cannot use either.

*Applies to Windows 8, 8.1 and 10.

Reactions: XhenEd
H

hjlbx

Hafif Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 vs Bitdefender Internet Security 2016?

Sistemi: Windows 10, 64 Bit, İntel.

View attachment 75440

View attachment 75441

View attachment 75442

I know what those tests say...

AV-Test generates those results by using the softs in a specific manner. If you use those softs, you will very likely experience something quite different.

AV-Test doesn't measure system reboot time - only system start up time. They are two different things.

There's a lot of hidden details as to how the arrive at their results. You have to carefully read their test methodology.

Any how, all that matters is what you experience on your specific system. You can use lab tests only as a guide line and not a definitive answer.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well its a reference basis however those possible results may occur localized.

However from analyzing those histories of system impact performance then Bitdefender may have an edge compare to Kaspersky.

For protection still a case to case basis.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
System impact i definitely will say both of them because in the past Kaspersky used to be a heavy antivirus that is good to run at a high end machine but not on a low end machine, and right now BitDefender join into the game. But for Kaspersky right now at the moment i don't know if they are heavy or not since i stop use them after 2005 or so.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
in 2015 yup Kaspersky is a little heavy but in 2016 version i said kaspersky is better(but bitdefender stay buggy and no change :( )

Reactions: Hangtooth

Rajat

Level 2
Verified
Oct 20, 2015
I have used KIS 2016 once. And i have to say that you wont have to sacrifice your speed for your Protection with it.
I don't know which one offers better security.
I have heard that Bitdefender signatures are one of the best as many other Products(ex.emsisoft, F-Secure, Quihoo etc.) use their engine.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Rajat: Well its an coincidence since Bitdefender engine are easy to access for testing purpose (SDK available) and agreements to license unlike other offers from other security company.

H

hjlbx

@Rajat: Well its an coincidence since Bitdefender engine are easy to access for testing purpose (SDK available) and agreements to license unlike other offers from other security company.

Bitdefender = WinSOFT. WinSOFT make more monies from licensing engine than selling Bitdefender softs. So WinSOFT create and release SDK.

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
I think Bitdefender in the boot is more fast, but very many resources consumed in analysis, Karpersky at boot is much more slow, that bothers me a bit but nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.