- Mar 29, 2018
We are pleased to announce BleachBit 3.2.0. This is a primarily a maintenance release with bug fixes.
These are the changes since version 3.0:
- Add labels to the toolbar icons (suggested by Rogério Brito).
- Refactor Miro cleaner to use multi-value variables (thanks to Tobias-B-Besemer).
- Move VIM deep scan option to the deep scan cleaner, so the VIM cleaner can automatically hide on systems where it is not needed.
- Fix the error message Fix OperationalError: no such column: lower_term when cleaning Google Chrome and related browsers (reported first by sibernetik).
- Fix: Do not delete ~/.htpasswd (reported by ZerooCool).
- Fix: the clipboard was not cleared (reported by SenpaiSharp).
- Fix: delete Google Chrome Favicons, even when the History file is missing (reported by sibernetik).
- Specific to Linux
- Show a three-part version number 3.2.0 instead of a two-part version number like 3.2.
- Clean the DNF package manager (thanks to klslz).
- Improve application launcher and AppStream information (thanks to terrycloth).
- Fix: work without X session and without GTK package (reported by graysky2).
- Fix: RPM packages did not build for Fedora 30 and 31.
- Fix: add missing dependencies to RPM package (thanks to toluschr).
- Fix: remove unresolved RPM dependency to python2-gobject-devel.
- Fix: do not require the python-scandir package on Ubuntu 16.04 because it was not available until Ubuntu 18.04 (reported by ediowar).
- Specific to Windows
- Show a four-part version number like 188.8.131.529 instead of a two-part version number like 3.0 (suggested by Tobias-B-Besemer).
- Show a better executable description, as seen in Windows Task Manager (suggested by Tobias-B-Besemer).
- Add icon to context menu (thanks to Tobias-B-Besemer).
- Improve the installer: add logo, add ability to uninstall components (thanks to Tobias-B-Besemer).
- Add warning to shellbags option that it will reset the position of desktop icons (reported by David N.).
- Fix the error "there is no disk in the drive" (first reported by Mark).
- Fix: the maximize button moved the application window off the screen (thanks to Max Khon).
- Fix: when cleaning Internet Explorer, do not delete volume mixer settings (reported by tonedev).
- Fix: do not follow junctions in Recycle Bin (reported by SenpaiSharp, fixed by Max Khon).
- Fix the ability to close the application after cleaning memory (reported by ediowar, fixed by Max Khon).
- Maintainers of Linux packages: please note improved launcher, improved AppStream, and multiple fixes to dependencies.