Bleachbit Review (Open Source Cleaning Utility)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
BleachBit quickly frees disk space and tirelessly guards your privacy. Free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn't know was there. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean 90 applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari,and more. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster. Better than free, BleachBit is open source.

Home page

Screenshot of the interface installed in my Puppy Linux (I didn't get in other website)
w1z58g.png

trentag88

Nov 16, 2011
personal review... It states that it cleans cookies, but as I'm not really aware of where they are in the Linux OS, I can't say that they are being removed. I know that the History of Mozilla Firefox can't be removed without removing the Bookmarks as well (?) Tactical error :) Granted, Firefox does have its own 'clear' function, but as with any web browser, there will be traces of things left, like certain tracking cookies or some LLS cookies (?). I may be wrong with the last sentence.

That and I've seen it get SEVERAL error while trying to clean files that it really shouldn't be cleaning.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
This is a great little tool to use. Does a simular job like CCleaner does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.