BleepingComputer Sues Enigma Software for alleged long-running Smear Campaign

Aura

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Jul 29, 2014
Yesterday, BleepingComputer filed its Answer, Affirmative Defenses, and Counterclaims in response to Enigma Software's Second Amended Complaint. In our filing we stand by our statements that Bleeping Computer has done nothing wrong, that there is no smear campaign against Enigma Software, and that any of the statements posted by the site's volunteer, Quietman7, are either true or purely opinion.

On the other hand, since being sued we have uncovered information that makes us believe that Enigma Software or their agents have been allegedly performing a long term campaign of attacks against BleepingComputer.com.

Read more at:
BleepingComputer Sues Enigma Software for alleged long-running Smear Campaign

BleepingComputer v Enigma Software Group USA, LLC. Part 2: Electric Boogaloo. It's on!

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have an account there and have been following this for sometime.
I think Enigma is getting exactly what they deserve, as well as any
company that attempts to stifle peoples honest and informed opinions.
Its not like Enigma had a good reputation to begin with lol.
Great share Aura

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
In my Opinion.....
(THE FOLLOWING VIEWS ARE MY OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS,AND ARE NOT NECESSARILY SHARED BY EITHER MalwareTips OR ITS STAFF)

I have to question the Intelligence of the legal council that has advised Enigma Software...
Logic suggests that trying to fight bad publicity by attracting even more is not going to pan out to their advantage..
....they will make martyrs of those that they are accusing,and as a consequence I should think that many who have up to this point been neutral,will instead lean toward supporting the underdog.
Hopefully the Counterclaim (good call IMO) will make this case just fizzle out.

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
Everyone should have right to express their opinion.

I hope counterclaim will be successful so Enigma doesn't get another shot at doing this to someone else. And also hope they get ordered to pay damages and help fund BleepingComputer so they can continue to spread security awernes and help people.

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
;)
Press Release
Expertspywareremoval.com Offers Free Scan to Remove Spyware, Malware or Adware Infections:
SOURCE: digitaljournal.com (ARTICLE DATE: 18 Aug 2016 -An Hour Ago)

On visiting the site, visitors whose PCs are infected with spyware are asked to follow a simple three-step process to remove the virus. In the first step, visitors are asked to reboot their computers in safe mode with networking.

Step two involves downloading the “SpyHunter 4” spyware removal tool. This is done by clicking the download button, or if the infection is blocking the download, PC owners are instructed to press the Windows key and R to open the Run dialog box. They are then asked to type “iexplorehttp://www.expertspywareremoval.com/fix” and click OK

The final step involves following the step-by-step installation process, which involves selecting the correct language, and agreeing to the End User Licence Agreement. Once installed, the SpyHunter software automatically launches, updates itself and scans the computer for all spyware and virus infections.

According to the site owner registry cleaners, which pose as legitimate programs claiming to improve computer performance are particularly tricky. These “unwanted programs scan your computer it will find hundreds of “issues”. Then it’s going to ask you for money to “fix” those issues and if you don’t pay up, it will try to hold your PC hostage”, he says.
;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It seems Enigma is just playing mind games to attempt for reversing the scenario, from the first place; they deny allegiations without providing enough evidence to save them.

Reactions: Logethica

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Regardless, it's going to be a very long battle; which in my opinion its going to hurt both parties long term.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.