- Apr 24, 2016
2021 is over, and we can look forward to a hopefully healthier, safer, and more normal 2022.
However, it was a big year for technology and cybersecurity with massive cyberattacks and data breaches, innovative phishing attacks, privacy concerns, and of course, zero-day vulnerabilities.
Some stories, though, were more popular to our readers than others.
Below we list the ten most popular stories at BleepingComputer during 2021, with a summary of each.
10. Fired NY credit union employee nukes 21GB of data in revenge
9. 533 million Facebook users’ phone numbers leaked on a hacker forum
8. New phishing attack uses Morse code to hide malicious URLs
7. New zero-day exploit for Log4j Java library is an enterprise nightmare
6. Adult content from hundreds of OnlyFans creators leaked online
5. How to fix the Windows 0x0000011b network printing error
4. Canon sued for disabling scanner when printers run out of ink
3. Over nine million Android devices infected by info-stealing trojan
2. Researcher hacks over 35 tech firms in novel supply chain attack
1. Windows 10 bug corrupts your hard drive on seeing this file's icon