Bloat AV vs simple and ligth? What i need to have security.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I am worried about my PC security when it comes to financial data.

I have 2 long term licenses: 1 of Norton and 1 for Emsisoft . I have Norton installed now because i think is more comprehensive and complete than.

The other day i have to took a screenshot of my bank page to send my account number to a friend who need it to make a payment. I edited the screenshot and only sent him the number who he need it, no another data. I did not worry because I've performed this action but then i started to think. What if someone else (a hacker) takes a screenshot of my PC and send my data to another people. So I've started to look for some security suites like Avast or Kaspersky who have screen protection and privacy data protection. I see Avast has "Privacy data protection" they check all files and block these to be sent. They detect name or bank cards and block files (i really does not know how it works), and Kaspersky has webcam protection and another things like safe browser.

Now my question is. Am I good with Norton or Emsisoft when it comes to keyloggers and personal data protection? Or I need another AV or a combo like Comodo Firewall + Emsisoft, or Kaspersky, Avast..

Last edited by a moderator:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
First the bank account only are need it for give me money and not for another thing.
Some banks charge for incoming money transfer (~15 cents here), so lets say, that someone would send you 1 cent 100 times, you might end up paying $15 and receive only $1. You can use something paypal to receive money - Get your very own PayPal.Me link or FaceBook.

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
And you dont think Emsisoft and comodo have much impact on my system. I dont know some banks make a chargue to recive money. . I hear good combos are Emsi + Comodo and Emsi + Vodoo and Comodo + KAF For me Comodo are good but maybe have high impact

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
And you dont think Emsisoft and comodo have much impact on my system. I dont know some banks make a chargue to recive money. . I hear good combos are Emsi + Comodo and Emsi + Vodoo and Comodo + KAF For me Comodo are good but maybe have high impact
Just go either comodo internet security or emsi + voodooshield

Cis is lightest you can get

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I truly hope i did not read this right above, but you sent your bank account number to a friend via screenshot?

Never give your personal credentials to anyone, never... Risky behavior as such, is not able to be protected by any security product. Screen shots of the account number are not a good idea either.

Instead of giving you advice on security applications, i'm going to advise you to reconsider what and how you divulge important personal information. Learn some safer habits.

+1 on that. Best post so far!(y)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The other day i have to took a screenshot of my bank page to send my account number to a friend who need it to make a payment.
Don't know if this is a Joke or what.

If your friends account [device/phone/email] gets hacked, images stored on their device/email/cloud storage are visible to the unauthorised user too. Guaranteed there is now a backup of that image floating around...

You should have sent the digits in a secure text message, it's less "look-at-me".

Your paranoia will ruin you.

Follow basic security guidelines, be smart and vigilant.

You've been a member for 5 years, surely you'd know what's good or not, right?

Last of all, remember to update your PC Security Configuration.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.