Troubleshoot Block Windows Creator's Update

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Is there any way to block Creator's update permanently yet still get the other updates as usual.

I first tried to upgrade to Creator's update and my Lenovo Z51-70 (laptop) system stopped responding. Then thrice I did a clean install, and my system either won't boot properly or hangs after booting to desktop.

I made a point that I won't go through this procedure again, so if you have any suggestions on how to do this please let me know. At the moment I have downgraded to Anniversary version.

Reactions: shmu26

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Last edited:
Upvote 0

MalwareTypes

Level 1
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Question. Is your BIOS updated? I remember my friend having some problems with his Lenovo laptop until we found there was a new BIOS and installed it.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.