"Blocking Google and Facebook using Ad Block Plus and Ghostery"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
If all those heavy loads aren't hampering your browsing experience, it great for you. Its always good to have max security. :)

And now that you mentioned it, ghostery blocked one tracker too :p

Yup :) i just feel slow down when chrome takes high cpu usage when my another tab ( which i not use at that time ) is inactive.

Reactions: Venustus

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Heaven help us, MT is tracking us all!!!;):p
smiley-whacky059.gif

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
Here's an example of it blocking comments on a website I visit regularly:
lt-zexyppxuyqxmpchodptu.jpg

But as you can see "ghostery" does give you the option (via the little arrows) to reload the page and allow the comments if you want:)
Look.... ghostery isn't bad. It wasn't crashing the site. It was just doing its job of blocking the tracker. In this case, Disqus tracker. You can enable it anytime you want via the ghostery icon.
Yup :) i just feel slow down when chrome takes high cpu usage when my another tab ( which i not use at that time ) is inactive.
Oh... I was talking about firefox !!! o_O
You can still trim down on your security :D

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
lol but i feel good with it ;) for firefox i have many security addons ^^ u can add
BetterPrivacy
addon in firefox if u don't have. thnx :D
No No No No No..... I'm fine with whatever I have :D
I have... AdBlock Plus, Ghosery, Self-Destruction Cookies, Norton Vulnerability Protection, no-script(sometimes) and Bitdefender Trafficlight for security.
That's enough for me. :D

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
No No No No No..... I'm fine with whatever I have :D
I have... AdBlock Plus, Ghosery, Self-Destruction Cookies, Norton Vulnerability Protection, no-script(sometimes) and Bitdefender Trafficlight for security.
That's enough for me. :D

BetterPrivacy cleans LSO's cookies ;)

Reactions: Myna

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014

Myna

Level 10
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
BetterPrivacy cleans LSO's cookies ;)
Hahahaha..... I don't want my system to slow down. :D Actually I keep multiple tabs open. So I better keep the addons to minimum. That's the actual reason why I said no. Its not like I don't trust you or the addon. Its just that I can't. Anyways, thanx bro.... :)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Hahahaha..... I don't want my system to slow down. :D Actually I keep multiple tabs open. So I better keep the addons to minimum. That's the actual reason why I said no. Its not like I don't trust you or the addon. Its just that I can't. Anyways, thanx bro.... :)

I didn't forced u to do that :D haha, u r welcome :)

I

illumination

No script and self destructing cookies together will stop facebook and google from tracking you.. No need for all the others to bloat your browser..

grelos

Level 1
Verified
Jan 27, 2014
Well, HTTP SB requires some work indeed, you're right, but once configured it gives the best performances out. Actually I believe almost everybody visits a limited number of sites with high frequency, thus setting it up it's not a big deal. You do it once per site and then it's done forever.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Well, HTTP SB requires some work indeed, you're right, but once configured it gives the best performances out. Actually I believe almost everybody visits a limited number of sites with high frequency, thus setting it up it's not a big deal. You do it once per site and then it's done forever.
Thnx but i'll try EPIC Browser if i concerned about privacy so much. thnx :D

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
I should of added "if used properly" to this statement of mine ;) :)
Brah, i didn't understand you. As for u checking my english grammar mistake then i tell you that i learning english & gonna take english class provided by my IT institue, not only english but japanese & french, no need for my english teacher. and i know 5 language, including my national language & 4 of my state language.And your statement is invalid to me. thnx for coming :D
smiley-laughing021.gif

I

illumination

Brah, i didn't understand you. As for u checking my english grammar mistake then i tell you that i learning english & gonna take english class provided by my IT institue, not only english but japanese & french, no need for my english teacher. and i know 5 language, including my national language & 4 of my state language.And your statement is invalid to me. thnx for coming :D
smiley-laughing021.gif

Not sure what the whole "checking your language" was about, but i was still referring to my statement that noscript and self destructing cookies was enough to stop tracking from the two big names in the title of the thread. I add "if used properly" after you commented you didnt think so..

My logic was simple, scripting in webpages and cookies are the two biggest ways these companies track you across other websites, if you eliminate these, it becomes hard for them to do so. ;)

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Not sure what the whole "checking your language" was about, but i was still referring to my statement that noscript and self destructing cookies was enough to stop tracking from the two big names in the title of the thread. I add "if used properly" after you commented you didnt think so..

My logic was simple, scripting in webpages and cookies are the two biggest ways these companies track you across other websites, if you eliminate these, it becomes hard for them to do so. ;)

Sir, not everyone in this world is a fan of firefox like you , they use random web browser coz everyone have different taste & noscript is for firefox only. what if i use only chrome & not firefox? then no noscript for me. Noscript also annoys me & blocks too much on some websites which makes the page not works properly so i need to enable the whole page or enable mostly "scripts & cookies" to load that page successfully. Cookies won't track me, my browser cleaned every cookies before i closed it or i can use " securely close browser " in click & clean also have vanilla cookie manager and i use browser mostly in incognito mode. About tracking i use, disconnect in chrome. If Nocript & self destruction cookies are so good then everyone in this world will use this 2 addons only for privacy & won't download millions times other addons & post thousands of nice reviews about other addons comments. Many peoples wants to try new addons :D

Also Firefox is buggy & freezes & take high cpu usage. Chrome is better then firefox for me :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.