Advice Request Blocking unrecognized files that are newer than X days

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Zero-day malware isn't necessarily malware that just got created. It's malware that didn't get detected anywhere before. So the creation date has nothing to do with getting rated as unknown by Comodo. I hope I got you right tho... :)

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Do zero-day malwares spoof their creation date? I have set my comodo config to block all unknowns but it's creating a lot of false positive.
You can delete all the trusted certificates in trusted programs certificates list and manually add each certificate from running process, from exes in programme files, other trusted programs in any other directory. Set the sandbox to run all non trusted programs to run virtually. Whenever you want to install a software which is not trusted, you can manually add the certificate and install it. Thus no other software will run on your system without your manual input. No zero day can escape this.

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.