Bollywood Movies are killing me ^^

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Ok, so Im usually sitting in a coffee shop with a retroprojector showing various international movies , and amongst them the well-known Bollyhwood movies:

So for novices, Bollywood movies are a huge industry in India , and rivals US Hollywood movies in term of productivity; also one particular feature is they all introduce some sort of dancing scenes performed by the actors and figurants.

So now, why those movies kills me ?

1- they are extremely focused on the male actor's charisma and machismo; the guy is always body-builded, with some fancy outfits , stylish beard and long hair.

for example , the guy often have his long curly hair flowing in the wind , or when it rains, the movies shift to slow motion , revealing is wet hair and muscled torso; I dont even mention when he get out the swimming pool/lake/sea "a la" Baywatch :D

2- if the movie integrate action fighting scenes, the guy (which I supposed to be an average guy) has at his disposal a tremendous amount of acrobatics and martial skills and moves that would make Batman and Wolverine jealous ! of course slow motion are again present during those scenes. :rolleyes:

3- the guy always protect/try to seduce the girl, a often very sexy and curvy, lightly clothed actress with crazy hips movement whose sole purpose seems to excite and attract the male audience ^^ (I admit it works :p )

If you have the occasion to watch this kind of movie do it, you will have some good time :p

P.S: our Indian members are welcomed to comment ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Umbra. I am impressed (unusually so) by your unexpected adeptness toward the joys of Bollywood's Bolly-beatiful bodies, cinematic-ally encapsulated, and classically executed, time standing still in slow motion Bolly-tainment!:D This thread makes me happy just like the films we are talking about, and for this I salute you O Umbra Master of all entertainment medium and MT's ambassador to Bollywood film!:p:D

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Haha...:D...
The Music is often Incredible IMO..I could listen to it for hours (and often do due to the long runtime of many of the Movies;))..
My Favourite Indian Films are:
"The Terrorist": An Award Winning Movie from 1997.
"Darna Mana Hai": A Horror Anthology Movie from 2003.

ravi prakash saini

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 22, 2015
@Umbra I am from india and have been grown up watching Bollywood movies and in my view 10 out of 100 are to be watched with one's brain with him they are indeed very good movies and for remaining 90 just leave the brain outside the theater and enjoy the entertainment and do not try to find any logic

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Bollywood movies are only a part of Indian cinema. :D Across every 29 states in the country you get to see regional language movies which are far better than what you see in Bollywood. And yes we do speak different languages here other than Hindi across each state having their own movie culture. Sadly Bollywood gets the most attention, while there are few good movies released each year, most of them can be classified only for entertainment purposes.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@Umbra - What movies you watched:)
Dance & songs are part of India culture so you will see in almost all the movies. Heck they also add dance/songs in biography/real life movies:D
And Yes, Avengers & all the super heroes of the world are no match to bollywood hero:p

@Logethica - What songs you listen:)

There are many classic gems & good movies. I will come up with a short list for you guys:)

For a start -
Guide (1965) - A classic gem And one of my fav. I think was ahead of time.
IMDB - Guide (1965) - IMDb

Last edited by a moderator:

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
@Umbra I present to you: "Singham" (Boy you're in for a treat with these mini clips, visuals are absolutely 100% genuine, everything is rosy as always in Bollywood movies.)

I've provided some scenes below of point number two mentioned in your post.

This one's a bonus. ;)

100% real, not scripted at all. :D

Lol ! The first video is exactly what I remember have seen last time :)
A lot funny part with caricature, etc... I like it :p

Last edited:

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
Haha! That description by @Umbra is spot on regarding those Bollywood films!!:p:p:p
They're not my cup of tea to be honest, but this is probably my all time favourite film ever:cool:
23kp4as.jpg

Last edited:

Logethica

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@Umbra - What movies you watched:)
Dance & songs are part of India culture so you will see in almost all the movies. Heck they also add dance/songs in biography/real life movies:D
And Yes, Avengers & all the super heroes of the world are no match to bollywood hero:p

@Logethica - What songs you listen:)

There are many classic gems & good movies. I will come up with a short list for you guys:)

For a start -
Guide (1965) - A classic gem And one of my fav. I think was ahead of time.
IMDB - Guide (1965) - IMDb
I don't know the names of the songs @yesnoo ... I am Interested In your recommendations :)
Cool scenes @SpartacusSystem :)
@ElectricSheep & @DardiM ...Yes, Aliens is an Incredible Movie :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.