Basic Security Bombus' Security Config 2018

Bombus

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 12, 2016
I would add https everywhere to your browsers. Otherwise, very secure. :)

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks :) I don't want overload my laptop. I am always using Sandboxie (even in this forum). Before logging to a site, I clean up my Sandboxie.

Bombus

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 12, 2016
I forgot to add ( in my presentation) K9 Web Protection Free. K9 Web Protection It looks like bogus app, but it isn't. It belongs to the old, good Symantec. Light on system, it doesn't change home page neither search engine. It has a lot of options. I opted for protection against malware/suspicious/ spyware/ websites. Definitely - I recommend it to all. A user has to register with an email. A user get an install file. No adds, no slowdowns, no spam in email by that corporation. I strongly recommend to try or even to test it. I did some tests. Super duper protection. K9 takes 3,5 MB of RAM

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
You can make changes in Your config with Thread Tools -> Edit Thread :)

Secure config, thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: JM Safe and Bombus

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
It is the most secure to memorize or memorize passwords on paper.

Thanks for sharing!:D(y)

Reactions: harlan4096

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
I have tested Trend Micro Internet Security last year. it was a little bit heavy and slowed the web browsing (@youtube).
what is your experience with TM antivirus+...and what are your pc specs?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Bombus: please kindly edit again Your config and re-type the missing data lost after the forum update, thanks :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.