Bookmark Threads

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Is it possible to bookmark threads just like you do to bookmark websites in Chrome? So that no matter how old a thread is you can directly go to that thread in the click of a button?

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
But this contains a huge list of threads that I've ever replied to, and sorted by post date. It has threads that I don't even want to get back to and threads that haven't been replied to for a long time goes out of watch to second page etc (those that I really want to "bookmark").

This is not exactly what I meant. I just want to "bookmark" those threads that I feel is important and I want to visit often. Just like how bookmarks work in Chrome. Hopefully it can be done and should be a useful feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der.Reisende

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In the top-right, you can Manage Watched Threads and remove the ones that you no longer wish to Watch/Bookmark.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Thanks.

But this request is to create a separate bookmark section with only bookmarked threads, so that we dont need to delete the ones in the Watched threads that contains all the threads we have ever replied to

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Is it possible to bookmark threads just like you do to bookmark websites in Chrome? So that no matter how old a thread is you can directly go to that thread in the click of a button?
Just got to the thread you want to bookmark and bookmark it in your browser and save it in a bookmarks folder

Reactions: frogboy and Jack

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Thanks extertiminator. Am sure you are all trying to help me, but I'm afraid that only few are getting what I'm requesting. Let me make myself more clear.

Firstly this is a feature-request. Sure we can create a bookmark folder and create a bunch of links to the threads inside a folder. :p But this is a browser feature and sometimes not the best way to manage bookmark for a site.

Secondly this is a request for improvement. Sure we can see a list of watched threads, delete 10 to 100's of them to show only the threads we want,:confused: but this would just take more time from the user's end and definitely not a great way.

If you go to Gizmo's Freeware, the articles there for instance Best Free Media Player, if you scroll down to the end of the article and just above the comments section you can see a link called "Bookmark this" :rolleyes: below "Rate this article".

7HzUAiM.png

What this does is that it bookmarks that article and saves them in our account, so it appears like this. It's much easier this way to manage threads/articles from within the site instead of manually searching for the specific thread through the Site search feature, or by scrolling down the huge list of Watched Threads section that has all the threads we've replied to, or depend on the browser to bookmark for us :) Infact we can even see another person's bookmarks so that we can understand and even see their interests and at the same time bookmark them personally too :D

qBvoHPc.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.