Boost by Reason Software - Is it any good?

Is Boost good software, or avoid it?

• Good

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Avoid

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nemo183

Apr 30, 2016
I've used Boost for around three years. It's particularly handy when you have an old laptop, I've found. I still have a Dell 620 that runs a particular application I can't do without, and upgrading would cost thousands. It deals with laggy periods very well, it's never caused me any trouble, explains what it's doing and gives me the chance to override it. What many don't appreciate is how difficult it can be to either remove or disable some software on a permanent basis, (it just is designed to keep coming back by the manufacturer), without a very great level of deep knowledge that ensures safety.

I'd suggest that some comments in this thread tend towards comparing apples with melons. You need time if you're going to start to understand the pros and cons of any software, and time is something in short supply.

Mineria

Level 3
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Have to agree with Umbra upon this.
I used a tweak tool back in the days, but they stopped coding it, it had tons of pages with options for everything related to the OS, probably the best tweaking tool that was ever made, never saw anything that got even close.
Tried some other tools after that but most always ended up with giving trouble or not doing anything at all.
So I started to tweak everything manually and made scripts for everything that worked out for me, updating them for every service pack and Windows edition change.
I use those scripts upon a clean install, quick and easy and I always know what they do.
I might code a C# version of it one day where everything is selectable and explained, since I don't really want to hand out them scripts, there is to much that needs to be explained since some settings will break functions that some people use.
One size doesn't fit all, a lot of people writing tweaking guides forget just that, same goes for many tweaking tool developers. :)
For cleaning CCleaner + CCEnhancer covers almost everything, the few additional files and registry entires that I clean are done manually, but in most cases it's best just to leave those files and entries alone since deleting them might cause issues.

Regardless of what people choose, always do a system backup first.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually these products like SlimCleaner that bound to be suspicious from the first place but honestly isn't.

Likely because of the UI that comes to be exaggerating however since it came to the known developers so I see the good expectations.

Bud45

Apr 19, 2017
I have been using Boost for quite a few years and on every computer I own! I have several old computers that just get bogged down by who-knows what. Boost cleans up the mess, disables junk programs that you don't need to be running in the background, deletes debris left by other programs and makes the computers usable again. I highly recommend it. I won't be without it and have recommended it to my friends. I'm about to put it on another notebook that I own.

Reactions: roger_m

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I have been using Boost for quite a few years and on every computer I own! I have several old computers that just get bogged down by who-knows what. Boost cleans up the mess, disables junk programs that you don't need to be running in the background, deletes debris left by other programs and makes the computers usable again. I highly recommend it. I won't be without it and have recommended it to my friends. I'm about to put it on another notebook that I own.
As long as the trust runs both ways you should be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.