Bouncer - Discussion & Support Thread

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
If half a second is a lot to you, then that's the answer. My system is not as fast as yours in the first place, so I don't count split seconds.
Yes, I am very picky about the speed but as usual: security vs usability vs speed...

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
People don't want to use srp let alone type the rules in a txt without a gui. This tool is not for 99.99% (a lot more 9 I didn't want to type) of home users. People wouldn't use it even if it was free but at €39 for a year of updates it sounds like a joke to even debate it.
Excubits is sure not going to get rich from home users, especially since home users always try to figure out if they can get what they need from the free version. I assume Florian has some businesses that he provides paid support.

Reactions: Glashouse

Andy Ful

From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
@WildByDesign,
While testing the Bouncer Black List, I found out that blocking Shdocvw.dll (I used Hard_Configurator) will make SmartScreen for Explorer dysfunctional in Windows 8+ (no SmartScreen prompt).(y)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.