Bouncer - Temporary App Permissions

Protomartyr

Level 7
Thread author
Sep 23, 2019
Just wanted to share a nifty app that I've been using that helps make managing permissions easier. Instead of having to go back into settings each time and toggle the permissions for an app on/off, Bouncer will automate this. It is a paid app ($1) but I payed for it using my balance from Google Opinion Awards and was well worth it.

Android 10 is starting to implement something similar to this (i.e., granting location for one time), but since I'm stuck on an older version of Android this app has helped. One thing to note is that Bouncer won't affect apps that have already been granted permissions before it was installed. This can be resolved by resetting permission for all user apps in the Bouncer menu (it will leave system apps alone so it won't break functionality).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.