BoXX's Beloved PC

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Here are my specs after upgrading it this week, Tell me what you guys think about it so I can improve it more. :smoke:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
CPU:AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.61 GHz with Brisbane 65 nm Technology
RAM:4.00 GB Dual Channel DDR2 @ 326 MHz
Motherboard: ASRock N68C-S UCC (CPUSocket)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
HDD: 156 GB Seagate ST316081 5AS SCSI Disk Device (ATA)
Optical Drives:HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22LP20 ATA Device
Audio: VIA High Definition Audio

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Looks very nice BoXX. I think that there is no need to upgrade it any more because it looks good as it is. Plus it is better then your old setup :p

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
This is pretty much the same old PC I had before, I just upgraded the RAM, Installed a new Video Card and upgraded to Windows 7. ;)

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
maybe he wants to use external HD? and use the internal HD as the Windows system files and to install programs that are often to be used:)

MetalShaun

Level 1
Mar 3, 2011
I am surprised you bothered upgrading it, everything it at least 3 or 4 generations old. I would of sold it and started fresh with a whole new set up.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
MetalShaun said:
I am surprised you bothered upgrading it, everything it at least 3 or 4 generations old. I would of sold it and started fresh with a whole new set up.

Due to the fact I do not know the situation financially I can't say why he did not do this but I am in total agreement that much newer can be had for what amounts to a rather small investment, couple years ago I built my rig from scratch and paid around $3,000 where now I could probably get closer to or under $2,000 for similar (but obviously a bit higher powered) hardware.

moonshine

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Gaming Desktops down here can get really cheap at times but I don't have enough money to invest on it, Maybe next year, I might upgrade the CPU,HDD and Motherboard. But for now, This PC still does wonders for me.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
BoXX28 said:
Gaming Desktops down here can get really cheap at times but I don't have enough money to invest on it, Maybe next year, I might upgrade the CPU,HDD and Motherboard. But for now, This PC still does wonders for me.

good plan boxx
:cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.