Brave Browser 0.71.107 (64-bit) is released

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Since there is no add-on "injection" inside the browser (nor certificate pinning) some features can't work with Brave, but still Kaspersky probably may monitors some HTTPS traffic via NetWork -> Monitored ports...

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I am a long time Brave user with Kaspersky, only HTTP traffic is scaned by it, you can visit AMTSO and try some tests, Kaspersky will stay radio silence.

Without certificate pinning Kaspersky "cant see" what is happening.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
EICAR HTTPS tests are not detected either indeed... unless You download the file...

This is interesting becasue there is no KP for Edge, and Kaspersky can pass all those tests with it...

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
^ i tried now to see but for me big problem it is kaspersky,not suport this browser :(
i set new tab to google.com but open brave default image and how i remove search in url for default brave page (with image) i not found search bar in page
Yep. It's a problem I have with some antivirus. Either the extension (kaspersky's) doesn't work or AV suit can't scan https inside it (ESET)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.