Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Release notes:
  • Added Brave Rewards widget to the New Tab Page. (#6370)
  • Added notarization support for macOS Catalina. (#5177)
  • Added link to access Brave Release Notes | Brave Browser from brave://settings/help. (#6152)
  • Updated buttons throughout Brave to match product branding. (#6398)
  • Updated subheading text on wallet verification modal window. (#6537)
  • Improved general performance by not loading the rewards extension until it’s used. (#3436)
  • Improved general performance by not loading WebTorrent component until first launch. (#6342)
  • Removed the extraneous zero on the New Tab Page. (#5710)
  • Fixed auto-contribution still occurring when auto-contribution is disabled within brave://rewards. (#6716)
  • Fixed ad notifications not being displayed on macOS Catalina. (#6466)
  • Fixed ad notifications not being displayed in certain cases. (#6139)
  • Fixed notifications in rewards panel not being dismissible in certain instances. (#5913)
  • Fixed incorrect spacing around inline Twitter tip button. (#6456)
  • Fixed cookies not being imported from Chrome. (#5975)
  • Fixed cookie mismatch when importing https://www.google.com cookies from other browsers. (#5313)
  • Fixed WebTorrent crash in certain cases. (#6193)
  • Fixed the “Clear cookies and site data when you quit Brave” toggle under brave://settings/content/cookies reverting to default state after closing the tab. (#6119)
  • Fixed tab context menus using incorrect Russian translation. (#6767)
Source: Brave Release Notes | Brave Browser
Download: Download Browser with Adblocker for Mobile & Desktop | Brave Browser

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I have just tried this browser and I like it.

However- can it be trusted ? Do we know much about the company behind it ? Is it OK from a security and privacy point of view ?

I'm asking because I might start using this regularly as a Firefox alternative.

enaph

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011

However- can it be trusted ? Do we know much about the company behind it ? Is it OK from a security and privacy point of view ?

You can trust Brave without any doubt.
Man behind Brave Software is Brendan Eich.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018

Absolutely. And their roots go back to Firefox. I will say that Brave and Edge Chromium each have very good built-in features and lack in others, as all browsers will. And Brave can be hardened much like Edge. I like and use both, but Brave is a legitimate alternative to FF. Find what works best for you, or keep multiple browsers for different tasks. (y) (y)

[correlate]

Level 18
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2019
Brave is a secure browser based on Chromium, built on the principles of user privacy and high speed. Prevents annoying ads and prevents monitoring of web activity by speeding up web page loading.
* New Features:
-Add the ability to set up a separate search engine for private browsing tabs
* Fixed bugs:
- Fixed Bugs interface assigned
- Fixed a sidebar issue with double status bar
- Fixed problems with favicon in favorite locations
-Update private browsing tab

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.