Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
brave-logotype-full-color@3x.png

Release Notes 1.3.113:
  • Added New Tab Page Sponsored Images. (#7883)
  • Added the ability to opt-in to user private Brave ads for over 30 new regions. (#6825)
  • Added the ability for multiple segments to trigger ad notifications. (#6256)
  • Added OS level targeting for ads. (#4761)
  • Added server configurable default tip amounts. (#6011)
  • Added web compatibility reporter on Brave Shields. (#4262)
  • Added additional zoom levels. (#6943)
  • Added the ability for users to disable autocomplete. (#843)
  • Added the ability to disable Tor via Admin policy. (#454)
  • Added auto-compaction for sync to reduce transferred data amount. (#6552)
  • Updated permissions for Uphold user wallets for Brave Rewards. (#7713)
  • Updated UI for the Brave Rewards widget on the New Tab Page. (#7885)
  • Updated text to indicate that wallet verification is optional. (#7102)
  • Updated “Thank you” text on monthly contribution banner. (#6744)
  • Updated ads panel on brave://rewards to display BAT with 1 decimal place. (#6774)
  • Updated speaker button on pinned tabs so it cannot be clicked. (#6358)
  • Updated Widevine setting to be install specific instead of profile specific. (#6747)
  • Updated the New Tab Page to be more dynamic. (#7884)
  • Updated sync chain preferences. (#6504)
  • Disabled out of process rasterization by default. (#7581)
  • Fixed crash which occurred when extensions-toolbar-menu is enabled in brave://flags. (#5646)
  • Fixed ads crash in certain cases. (#6880)
  • Fixed Brave Rewards widget not reflecting auto contribute amount. (#6740)
  • Fixed wallet balance not updating dynamically on the tip banner. (#7047)
  • Fixed incorrect balance displaying when rewards is toggled off. (#6335)
  • Fixed claim banner not being removed from brave://rewards in certain cases. (#6741)
  • Fixed the tipping banner always showing a disabled vertical scrollbar. (#6222)
  • Fixed multiple entries displaying in ads history for the same ad notification. (#6205)
  • Fixed inability to open ad notifications from notification center on Windows. (#4102)
  • Fixed certain cases where browser doesn’t retry to get new signed ad tokens. (#6647)
  • Fixed global shields setting for “Only block cross-site cookies” not working. (#6804)
  • Fixed missing context menu items. (#6513)
  • Fixed inconsistent naming for Site Settings in brave://settings/clearBrowserData. (#6627)
  • Fixed exported password file name. (#629)
  • Fixed “Add to Chrome” being displayed instead of “Add to Brave” in Chrome Web Store. (#5730)
  • Fixed inability to login to Expensify with Google Authentication. (#5869)
  • Fixed certain cases where bookmarks are missing from sync after chain creation. (#7251)
  • Fixed certain cases where bookmark location changes are not synced to other devices on chain. (#8065)
  • Fixed issue with sync chain reset when device is offline. (#3628)
  • Fixed webview crash on dobreprogramy.pl. (#7453)
  • Fixed display glitches in certain cases. (#6979)
  • Fixed top sites widget not moving up when stats widget is hidden on the New Tab Page. (#7855)
  • Fixed typescript files not displaying syntax highlighting in Developer Tools. (#5618)
  • Upgraded Chromium to 80.0.3987.87. (#8058)
Source: Brave Release Notes | Brave Browser

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@James246 this is the only thing I can find on the Brave Community. It concerns using encrypted passwords.

James246

Level 1
Verified
Jan 19, 2018
@James246 this is the only thing I can find on the Brave Community. It concerns using encrypted passwords.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
May be a good idea if the security teams for Heimdal and Brave Discuss

I will again suggest you post your concern on their forum as it will benefit all Brave users.

Here's one from ~ 1 month ago:

Opening browse with tor instantly installed a Trojan
  1. Opened up “New private window with Tor”
  2. Windows Defender alerted me there was a threat detected
  3. Never happened before up until now.
Brave Version(1.4.95):
I can send a screenshot of windows defender if needed, would rather not do it on an open forum though.
  • created
    20.png
    22d
  • last reply
    39237_2.png
    22d
  • 2replies
  • 131views
  • 3users
  • 2likes
  • 1link
  • 39237_2.png

32.png

32.png

Doofus

22d

This appears to be an ongoing issue at the moment. A number of anti virus products are flagging the Tor version of Brave as a Trojan virus. See the main discussion here: Norton Anti-Virus detects tor-0.3.5.8-win32-brave-1 as a trojan horse 22

James246

Level 1
Verified
Jan 19, 2018
I will again suggest you post your concern on their forum as it will benefit all Brave users.

Here's one from ~ 1 month ago:

Opening browse with tor instantly installed a Trojan
  1. Opened up “New private window with Tor”
  2. Windows Defender alerted me there was a threat detected
  3. Never happened before up until now.
Brave Version(1.4.95):
I can send a screenshot of windows defender if needed, would rather not do it on an open forum though.

Doofus

22d

This appears to be an ongoing issue at the moment. A number of anti virus products are flagging the Tor version of Brave as a Trojan virus. See the main discussion here: Norton Anti-Virus detects tor-0.3.5.8-win32-brave-1 as a trojan horse 22
Done

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.