Brave Browser gets Chrome Extensions

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
The ad-blocking browser will look a lot more like the newly redesigned Chrome, too. If you like Brave but also like extensions to fine-tune your web surfing, good news: a new version of the ad-blocking browser arrives Thursday that will make it as customizable as Google's rival Chrome.

Today's Brave uses an interface called Muon, but a new developer-oriented version of Brave due for release Thursday is built more directly on the open-source Chromium foundation of Chrome. The change means that Chrome's extensive library of extensions will work on Brave, including Reddit Enhancement Suite, BetterTTV, Pinterest, Vimium, Grammarly and Evernote. Brendan Eich, Brave's chief executive and formerly leader of Firefox developer Mozilla, on Wednesday confirmed Thursday's release of the new version, called Brave Core.

Full Story Good news for Brave users: the ad-blocking browser gets to run Chrome extensions now

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I just installed this. Even though a beta it runs so much better than the released version on my machine. Chromium is a much better platform for implementing what this company wants to accomplish. I can already see why one of their guys says "With Brave Core you'll go from feeling like you should use Brave, but you still want to use Chrome, to wanting to use Brave no matter what.". This could get interesting!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.