Advice Request Brief question: AdGuard browser assistant for Firefox vs UBO in Firefox

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
"If you have other ad blockers besides AdGuard for Windows like uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, AdGuard Adblocker, etc. it's advised to remove those because they can conflict with AdGuard for Windows. AdGuard for Windows + AdGuard Browser Assistant is the recommended combination, yes."

I just remembered this.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
"If you have other ad blockers besides AdGuard for Windows like uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, AdGuard Adblocker, etc. it's advised to remove those because they can conflict with AdGuard for Windows. AdGuard for Windows + AdGuard Browser Assistant is the recommended combination, yes."

I just remembered this.
AdGuard Browser Assistant doesn't filter anything, with it you can just control the desktop client of AdGuard and pause it's filtering within the browser. AdGuard Windows uses HTTPs-scanning to filter websites, and doesn't require the extension if you don't want it. After all it makes absolutely no sense using Ublock Origin too when you have AdGuard Windows enabled, as it has all the blocklists you need. Only if you have slowdowns or conflicts with other software (like me in the past) you could disable or uninstall AdGuard Windows and install another adblocker like Ublock Origin instead.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I removed UBO. I hope installing UBO and setting it to Medium Mode, didn't change any settings in AdGuard? After all, as I said, I removed it and kept only AdGuard Browser Assistant in Firefox. Thank you.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I removed UBO. I hope installing UBO and setting it to Medium Mode, didn't change any settings in AdGuard? After all, as I said, I removed it and kept only AdGuard Browser Assistant in Firefox. Thank you.
I'm sure there will be no problem when you just have AdGuard Windows or just Ublock Origin installed. It's a matter of preference which suits you best. AdGuard Windows filters your whole system without you having to install any extension to all of your browsers, and UBlock Origin is supposed to be faster according to many opinions I've read. I personally like AdGuard more as their UI is easy to understand and cause it has some nice privacy options built in.

Jan Willy

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 5, 2019
A bonus of Adguard for Windows is the so called DNS Protection. You can select a DNS server from a list or add any DNS server you want. Most of the time I use NextDNS, which does the main part of ad- and tracker filtering. The role of Adguard is limited to his stealth mode, filtering third-party elements and some cosmetic filtering. Simple, transparent , effective and light on resources.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.