Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Nice config!
Since you're using a Samsung Device, If you want a system wide adblocker, use Adhell. Open source adblocker. It uses knox feature to block ads so you can use vpn and adblock both at the same time. For some it doesn't work on 1st install so you may have to uninstall and reinstall.
Disconnect is a similar app but costs 20 dollars or so.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Nice config!
Since you're using a Samsung Device, If you want a system wide adblocker, use Adhell. Open source adblocker. It uses knox feature to block ads so you can use vpn and adblock both at the same time. For some it doesn't work on 1st install so you may have to uninstall and reinstall.
Disconnect is a similar app but costs 20 dollars or so.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will have a look.

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks for your suggestion. I already use Bitdefender for PC and I love it, let's see how it does on mobile :)
I've tried a few of these free AV's on my Lenovo tablet. I found Avast to be pretty heavy and made things noticeably sluggish. Bifdefender and Kaspersky seemed fairly good but best of all was CM Security - super light and good, user friendly UI:
CM Security AppLock Clean - Android Apps on Google Play

Reactions: brod56

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
UPDATE JULY 2017:
- Updated to Android 7.0
- Added MacroDroid for battery saver/wifi automation (using Adb hack, no root)
- Switched to Betternet
- Switched to Chrome, using AdHell to block ads
- Restricted background data consume (new feature in Nougat)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.