Battle Browser Battle (IceDragon VS SeaMonkey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Since my rollback on windows, I have just a couple browsers... want to add two more of four options I'm thinking, (the next battle of two is coming up)

Now I have used SeaMonkey before and liked it, but wondering how IceDragon runs in general and in comparision to SeaMonkey and want to hear pros or cons on both, and which you guys like best of the two.

You can comment on the security, functions, UI, and anything that you feel needs mentioning or to be rated.

Let the opinions and facts flow :)

Reactions: Kent

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Neither. I would either use Firefox, or a 64-bit variant.

Comodo IceDragon has not been updated in 12 months, and according to Wikipedia / other sources, it's based on Firefox v26. - It's another Comodo product to spread it's own name.

SeaMonkey on the other hand is still developed, the last Beta 3 was released 10 days ago.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Open to other Firefox alternatives apart from Sea/Ice, looking for a lighter type version of Firefox, with extension capabilities.

If there isn't any good stable ones, I can use K-meleon 74.0 again.

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I'm on x32 bit Windows but thanks for the link James,

Browser Update

Yandex wont install, says error, damn! :\ same with Opera, same exact problem, but my requirements are met (at least what was on the website), oh well. I can still use the old Opera, and new beta or stable Firefox 35 (which I'm on now)

I need a couple backup browsers for different functions, like mail, social media etc.

I have no WebKit or Blink based browsers yet, how is Baidu Spark?, Sleiphir anyone like it??

uh Torch I didn't like, Iron I don't want.

Last edited:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
The Baidu browser looks REALLY good, but can Baidu's policies be trusted?? ...Eh no.

Maybe I'll go with Sleipnir, it looks good too.

Last edited:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I decided on the new Sea Monkey version... it's even better then before! Runs free of freezes and seems to use a little less RAM then the older ones. Lots of cool Themes and some add ons from Firefox work just fine too.

Attachments

• SM.JPG
    SM.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 639
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.