Browser/Google redirects to Yahoo search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genetics

Thread author
Aug 15, 2015
This problem started at the ~8th of August, around a week ago. When opening Google Chrome, it automatically redirected me to Yahoo search and it still does. Sometimes, it also redirects a Google search to the Yahoo engine. It's not just with Chrome, Explorer has the same problem but I don't use that browser.

I've uploaded 3 different logs in the hopes of giving you enough information to help me out here.

I've also ran 8 different programs without any results.
A lot of infected files were found, but removing them didn't fix the Yahoo search issue. I guess I can do a system recovery as a last resort but I'm not sure if that's the way to go.

Any help is more than appreciated, I'm clueless on what to do right now.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    71.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Addition.txt
    47.4 KB · Views: 1
  • AdwCleaner[R3].txt
    997 bytes · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.