Solved Browser Hijacked by http://searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net

MarthaBear

Thread author
Jun 7, 2016
HI, HELP! I have the same issue. Windows 10. I have done all of the above, however the Zmma did not resolve the issue. I have no extensions, checked programs don't see any there that should not be there. Keep checking the Chrome settings and these are correct, no URL in shortcut icon. AdwCleaner could never complete it was looking for files that did not exist, thus no complete log file to upload. Uploaded the JRT log, Hitman pro log, Malware Bites Log, Zemma pre and Post fix logs. Have active Macafee and scan found no issues.

Chrome launches tries to go to Google
Then goes to
Code:
http://searchinterneat-a.akamaihd.net/t?eq=U0EeFFhaR1oWHAFBdQ8BVl8UDFcVeAkVVQwURBhBdg0KTF1FFwcRIwAOUFxCFBNBNARaAktXUUEeIlVfAh8fHGZGIUtbCW4UQ35NL04=
Then it re-directs itself to
Code:
Yahoo Search - Web Search
If I select the home button it will go to google but this is getting old.
HELP!!!!

Attachments

• JRT.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 1
  • HitmanPro_20160607_2042.log
    46.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Malware Bites log 6 7 16.txt
    722 bytes · Views: 1
  • 2016.06.07-20.48.10-i0-t4294967295-d9 ZEMA LOG.txt
    7 KB · Views: 2
  • 2016.06.07-21.14.24-i2-t92-d0 ZEMA CLEAN.txt
    817 bytes · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

MarthaBear

Thread author
Jun 7, 2016
Thank you so much for your help! Attached are both of the files you have requested. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING else I can do!

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    223.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Addition.txt
    43.7 KB · Views: 2

MarthaBear

Thread author
Jun 7, 2016
Hello,
I saw in a related reply that you recommended to run Zoek tool with the script. I did that and IT WORKED!!! I am free from the miss-direction to yahoo! I am so thankful for all the wonderful advise and help!! Finally a "normal" computer again! Thank you!!!!! Mark me SOLVED!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.