Browser plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rocky

Thread author
I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 installed and just installed Opera but none of the browser plugins are showing even after reboot. Maybe someone can tell me if Opera is supported. Thanks,rocky

Thingol

Level 1
Verified
Aug 9, 2014
Kaspersky is notoriously slow at supporting the latest browsers, something the auto-update changes in 2015 might address.

Testing it now and it's very good. Release notes for .463(a) seems to say up to FF 28, Chrome 35 and IE11 are supported but they may well work in others - not sure about Opera. I think FF user have difficulty de-activating them if they choose to.

MR1 is in testing so maybe that will bring greater browser compatibility.

Cheers

Reactions: rocky

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
@rocky

Compatibility aside, the browser extensions/plugins/addons are unnecessary anyway because KIS doesn't need them for protection. There are some AVs out there which need an extension for web protection but with KIS web filtering happens at the network level.

You can test it for yourself here:

http://www.amtso.org/feature-settings-check.html

Reactions: rocky
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.