Sep 29, 2012
3BwpkHl.png

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Love the new rig. Love the HDD. Guessing you game on it?

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
Need more info that that!

Are you overclocked?
Did you reinstall Windows?
Are all drivers up to date ?

And more importantly, what does Event Logs say?

Windows logs > System > Look for Errors and Criticals around the times of the crashes

Find Event Viewer by clicking start > type: Event Viewer

Also, your Win 7 does not say SP1, are you up to date ?

thetechguy

Level 1
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
Detection said:

Are you overclocked?

Windows logs > System > Look for Errors and Criticals around the times of the crashes

BSOD is his screenname, I don't think he means he's having BSODs.

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
McLovin said:
Love the new rig. Love the HDD. Guessing you game on it?
Yep, got the Radeon HD 7870 XT (Tahiti LE). I can play 99% games of today at 1080p on Ultra settings with ~55+ FPS. :)
Detection said:

Are you overclocked?

:D Haha thetechguy got it right. Thanks for the effort though.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
A soild system. SDD might be the only upgrade needed. If your looking to upgrade the gpu then AMD's Vulcano are about to come.

Upgrade possiblities
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motherboard to P/Z-75/77 to overclock non overclock cpu to +400. You can also try to increase the BLCK from 99,99MHz to 105MHz as best (You will need to try, however I can't say if this works with B75-chipset). This will also enable SLI/Crossfire configuration. H77-chipset can enable Crossfire.

SSD can be added as it has already been mentioned.

GPU can upgrade if wanted. If you need one now Tahiti LE (know as 7870 TX). A bit overclocked and it will perform like 7950.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What power supply and case do you have?

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Valentin N said:
A soild system. SDD might be the only upgrade needed. If your looking to upgrade the gpu then AMD's Vulcano are about to come.

Upgrade possiblities
Motherboard to P/Z-75/77 to overclock non overclock cpu to +400. You can also try to increase the BLCK from 99,99MHz to 105MHz as best (You will need to try, however I can't say if this works with B75-chipset). This will also enable SLI/Crossfire configuration. H77-chipset can enable Crossfire.

GPU can upgrade if wanted. If you need one now Tahiti LE (know as 7870 TX). A bit overclocked and it will perform like 7950.

I do have the 7870 TX.

I use a Corsair CX600. I know it isn't the best but I was under a budget. I'll probably upgrade sometime at the end of the year or by next year. I'll get a mech keyboard, an SSD and a better PSU.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
BSOD said:
Valentin N said:

Upgrade possiblities

I do have the 7870 TX.

I use a Corsair CX600. I know it isn't the best but I was under a budget. I'll probably upgrade sometime at the end of the year or by next year. I'll get a mech keyboard, an SSD and a better PSU.

What mechanical keyboard; I am going to review one and I can advice your maybe. Tell me what you will use and I will tell you what may be interesting. Expect it to be expensive, if you compare to rubber dome, so around 60$ up to 140$ depending on the keyboard's feature.

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Valentin N said:
BSOD said:
Valentin N said:

Upgrade possiblities

I do have the 7870 TX.

What mechanical keyboard; I am going to review one and I can advice your maybe. Tell me what you will use and I will tell you what may be interesting. Expect it to be expensive, if you compare to rubber dome, so around 60$ up to 140$ depending on the keyboard's feature.

From the limited options I have in my country, I'll go with the Razer Blackwidow 2013 or one of the Cooler Master Storms. Haven't decided yet. Still a long time to go.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
BSOD said:
Valentin N said:
BSOD said:
Valentin N said:

Upgrade possiblities

I do have the 7870 TX.

From the limited options I have in my country, I'll go with the Razer Blackwidow 2013 or one of the Cooler Master Storms. Haven't decided yet. Still a long time to go.

Where do you live? I will look at those to options. You might want to reconsider CM Storms as the option; I read bad experiences from other uses so I would say away from the models that use micro-usb as connector.

Here is a review regarding the second option.

Tell me where the emphases lies; not all Cherry MX switches will suit you and for what your needs.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
I rushed over here because I thought he was having "blue screens of death". (LOLOL)
I saw "ASUS", and thought, "Nice choice". Then I saw "Seagate" and thought, "there is your BSOD." Haha

Nice rig though.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Gnosis said:
I rushed over here because I thought he was having "blue screens of death". (LOLOL)
I saw "ASUS", and thought, "Nice choice". Then I saw "Seagate" and thought, "there is your BSOD." Haha

Nice rig though.

Seagate hasn't played nice with you? I own numerous Seagate drives and none so far have caused any issues, I actually own various Hitachi, Western Digital and Seagate drives and by far Hitachi has caused me the most issues and frustrations, Bottle necking mainly in the R/W side of things.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.