"BT Survey" Popup on Chrome

Enchando

Thread author
Feb 21, 2017
No scan has done anything (apart from remove a few bits here and there but hasn't done anything)- here is a link to a BT community website I first found when panicking about what it was, Is this web popup survey a scam? - BTCare Community Forums
This is exactly what has been popping up and no one has found a solution that works- tried the ADWCleaner recommended but hasn't done anything.

Any help would be really appreciated! New laptop and although I can just close down these popups when they appear I am extremely worried that there might be something horrible happening behind the scenes.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    48.8 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    55.7 KB · Views: 1

Enchando

Thread author
Feb 21, 2017
Edit- I don't know why but it seems to like overriding a website on chrome called "TF2Outpost" TF2 Outpost / Trade TF2, Dota 2, CS:GO, Portal 2 and Steam Inventories!, which is a website for a game I play. Experimenting whether it just this website or not- the writing on the tab for TF2Outpost does seem to be jittering around sometimes like it is loading something in, and the icon changes to the chrome loading swirl occasionally but I think that is to do with the website updating itself.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.