Not open for further replies.

Malfhas

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Since yesterday, the icon has the yellow triangle Kaspersky while there is no threat.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I need help please.
Hello,

Since yesterday my Kaspersky icon has the yellow triangle while there is no threat. I use the Version 16.0.1.445 (KIS), and it bothers me a little.

See images:
160117014905333683.png

160117014910514041.png

Someone has already encountered this problem and could bring me a solution?

Thank you beforehand :)

Malfhas

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Thank you for your answer, or can I get this error log?

The problem occurred when I do a scan of threats, he deleted everything but the icon has not changed.

Upvote 0

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
Well, try to open the log of Kaspersky. I had a similar issue with BitDefender once because there was an unread log.

Upvote 0

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
This means some sort of failure occurred in the operation of some application component (most likely on the scan module). Try doing a repair install. Control Panel -> Programs (where you can uninstall) -> Select Kaspersky -> Remove or Repair -> Repair.

If it does not work, full uninstall/reinstall.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Hello @Malfhas please try the following below.

Any applications I tell you to use (if any) are 100% safe - by following my instructions, it it completely at your own risk!

1.) Download CCleaner from this link which is the official website: http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup513.exe
2.) Run CCleaner:
Press the
ccl any.PNG
button and let it analyse your PC.
After it has analysed your PC press the
ccl cln.PNG
button and let it finish.

3.) Restart your PC and see if it works now.

If the above didn't work then try this:

1.) Run CCleaner:

Press the
ccl reg.PNG
button on the left side of CCleaner.

Now click the
ccl scan for issues.PNG
button.

Make sure you backup changes to the registry in the case of any problems.

After it has scanned for issues, click the
ccl fix sel.PNG
button and backup your registry. It is highly recommended that you go through the registry keys It has found manually to see if you need them.

2.) Open the start menu and search %temp% delete any thumbnails there.

3.) Empty the recycle bin.

4.) Restart your computer.

Please tell me the situation :)

Hope this helps.

P.S: If nothing else works use the Kaspersky roll-back feature to before this happened.

Reactions: Malfhas
Upvote 0

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Hello @Malfhas please try the following below.

At this stage, there is no need to go over those.

Kaspersky sometimes does that, happened on earlier versions dated 2011, 2012 and 2014. I had that issue in 2014 KAV for example.

Repair should do the trick.

Also, on a side note, avast! users also face similar issues and the Repair (if not reinstall) fixes the issues.

Upvote 0

Malfhas

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your help.
CCleaner does not fix the situation, so I uninstall / reinstall saving all my settings and the problem disappeared :)

It's strange.

I believe that the problem occurred when Kaspersky has detected a threat yesterday but the SecureAPlus detected too. So I removed the menance with SecureAPlus and immediately after Kaspersky. But menance not existed more when I clicked with Kaspersky deleted.

I think that's when the Kaspersky has bug.

Thanks again !

Upvote 0

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Glad to know it worked @Malfhas .
On a side note: if one solution detects an infection but then when it goes through the removal process, its no longer there, it can and most of the time will cause issues.

You are better off removing infections detected with Kaspersky. Use SecureAPlus for when you cannot remove with Kaspersky, to prevent exactly the scenario you had.

Upvote 0

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
My gut feeling is that in the coding of Kasperksy there isn't a check to see if the file is actually removed, possibly by another program. So, the triangle stays.
The advice of Inkurax is spot on.

Upvote 0

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
It's clearly a Kaspersky bug, I got it with KTS2016MR0 after scan/delete some malware sample from this forum, and now for some days again (yellow triangle in my Windows TaskBar) in KTS2016MR1... I thought it would be fixed with 2016MR1 but it seems it is still there :mad::eek:...

The only solution is to reinstall Kaspersky 2016 (so radical) or just wait, and in the end usually the icon got normal again.

I have had that icon for about 1 week until yesterday night, and this morning I started my system and KTS2016MR1 icon was fine again.

Upvote 0

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
My gut feeling is that in the coding of Kasperksy there isn't a check to see if the file is actually removed, possibly by another program. So, the triangle stays.
Issue is: Solution is coded to: Scan PLACE, If Infection Detected, Offer Options.
Pre-coded into the actions are the choices of Options given, based on the if detection occured argument.

So if you are telling solution to clean what they found, they will do so. Now if that infection found disappeared, solution will simply not be able to do as told and consider matter closed, however alerts are to be given, either via visualization or via logs.

That in a nutshell how the coding works, for the easy understanding. And that is exactly what happened.

Upvote 0

Malfhas

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
Glad to know it worked @Malfhas .
On a side note: if one solution detects an infection but then when it goes through the removal process, its no longer there, it can and most of the time will cause issues.

You are better off removing infections detected with Kaspersky. Use SecureAPlus for when you cannot remove with Kaspersky, to prevent exactly the scenario you had.

I thank you notes, I think that's what's better to do.

Right now I can only assume the same thing as you, I am not an expert but the problem Kaspersky appeared that way.

Upvote 0

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
It's a clearly a Kaspersky bug, I got it with KTS2016MR0 after scan/delete some malware sample from this forum, and now for some (yellow triangle in my Windows TaskBar) in KTS2016MR1... I thought it would be fixed with 2016MR1 but it seems it is still there :mad::eek:...

The only solution is to reinstall Kaspersky 2016 (so radical) or just wait, and in the end usually the icon got normal again.

I have had that icon for about 1 week until yesterday night, and this morning I started my system and KTS2016MR1 icon was fine again.
Visual Bug/bug in terms of not reporting exactly that something couldnt be cleaned because it was gone, yes you can say it is a bug.

This issue with the icon has happened in many versions of Kaspersky throughout the years. :)

I have just tried to clean some infections in VM on its own, icon remained fine.
2nd test was exactly as OP described, 2 solutions encountered it. One isolated and then Kaspersky had nothing to remove. Result? yellow triangle icon.

Upvote 0

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This issue with the icon has happened in many versions of Kaspersky throughout the years. :)
Agree :)

I think is not only a visual bug, while yellow triangle is being showing in K icon, in every start of the system, when Kaspersky is loaded in memory (running) I also usually got a red warning that some malware has been detected... and In my case I didn't use any other tools to remove/detect the malware samples, just occurs also when deleting some types of malwares...

This bug has been reported (me also) many times in every new build, and still there :mad:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NekoJonez

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 3, 2015
Issue is: Solution is coded to: Scan PLACE, If Infection Detected, Offer Options.
Pre-coded into the actions are the choices of Options given, based on the if detection occured argument.

So if you are telling solution to clean what they found, they will do so. Now if that infection found disappeared, solution will simply not be able to do as told and consider matter closed, however alerts are to be given, either via visualization or via logs.

That in a nutshell how the coding works, for the easy understanding. And that is exactly what happened.
The fix could be real easy. An additional check after a full scan... If no threat/issue with Kaspersky (like shields down) is found, remove yellow triangle if it's there in the tray. ... no?

Reactions: harlan4096
Upvote 0

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
I've had this problem also, the most frustrating thing ever. In the end, I just reinstalled Kaspersky, remembering to leave your license files in tact of course.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.