Need Help Build Security around ReHIPS 2.3 on a System?

Discussion in 'Apps - Questions & Help' started by AtlBo, Dec 29, 2017.

1. l0rdraiden

l0rdraiden Level 1

Jul 28, 2017
    World
    Is there a free version of rehips? Which are the limitations?

2. AtlBo

AtlBo Level 22

Dec 29, 2014
    Qihoo 360
    There is. Limitation is it's for home use only and no application can run in a container using more than 10 instances of the application at one time. For browser, that leaves you with FF or something else that runs with a smaller number of instances than 10, if you want to run browser contained.

Here is the download. Be prepared for an uphill battle. Feel free to bring your initial questions here to this thread:

ReHIPS - An HIPS/Sandbox without kernel Hooks - (quick test included)

Once you have the basics, you can start a thread in the Security Applications->Other Security for Windows Forum. One thing about the installation. Just let it run and leave it on. No matter how long it takes, let it go until it is finished. It finds what's on the system and adds its own set of excellent rules. The rules are very good.

It's good protection, but I am also finding that it's also possible to make it more user friendly for my file storage requirements than how it sets up by default..

Deletedmessiah and shmu26 like this.
  3. davisd

davisd Level 9

Feb 2, 2016
    Latvia
    Windows 10
    G-Data
    This thread may not be appropriate place to say it, but I bought ReHIPS in 3. June 2017 for about 16€, used for a few months for testing purposes, then uninstalled, and now when re-checking prices, it has skyrocketed to 55€ for 1PC/1YR, I know it's high quality security software, but holy @!* I don't see a way to renew it for such price :eek:

bribon77 and Deletedmessiah like this.
  4. SHvFl

SHvFl Level 32
    Content Creator Trusted

Nov 19, 2014
    Supermodel for McDonald's
    Europe
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    It was a deal for the product launch with a 70% discount. Now the price is full with no discount hence the jump in price.

Opcode, Umbra, bribon77 and 3 others like this.
  5. Recrypt

Recrypt Level 1
    Developer

May 26, 2014
    Hello everyone!

Here is a blogpost I promised earlier about some files that may be left when ReHIPS is uninstalled. [FAQ] Uninstalled ReHIPS, but some files are left

At first I wanted to also paste text here, but later decided not to. The reason is when something is changed inside ReHIPS, I also change blogposts accordingly. But if I paste text here, this text may become outdated. Besides blogs don't require any registration, just come and read.

Best regards, fixer.

Andy Ful, harlan4096, AtlBo and 3 others like this.