Building a gaming PC

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Maybe,but FX 6300 on 4 Ghz(stock cooler) has more power than that i3,i3 only beats FX6300 in 2 core games.
Well true and wrong. Most games are not yet optimized for quad core CPUs. Most of them uses 2 and 3 cores, and by that, since i3 has 60% more powerful cores than FX, i3 won't be a bad solution either. Most games are still GPU dependable, GPU is more important for the games than the CPU.
But price ratio comes in the AMD favor and also, a future proof, for the games that will come.

Reactions: moonshine

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Well true and wrong. Most games are not yet optimized for quad core CPUs. Most of them uses 2 and 3 cores, and by that, since i3 has 60% more powerful cores than FX, i3 won't be a bad solution either. Most games are still GPU dependable, GPU is more important for the games than the CPU.
But price ration comes in the AMD favor and also, a future proof, for the games that will come.

Very well said brother, it's not all about the number of cores, it's about on how these cores are designed. Keep in mind that Intel processors has better IPC than AMD ones.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.