Bullguard 12 BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
RE: BullGuard IS 12 Beta Testing Sign-up

I never liked BullGuard, I haven't tested it myself, but a reliable person from MalwareUp.org did a quick review on it, not long ago. In short, it ate up a lot of of resources and failed in catching several older malware samples, but that was an older version. Who knows, they might have improved in this version.

amvlad

Level 1
Aug 3, 2011

NathanF1 said:
Thank you for your post, amvlad.
It's always good to hear news like this from a "well placed source" :)
I know I shouldn't be asking this yet, but I can't help myself - are you using BD's 2012 core engine and Agnitum's 7.5.x Firewall? Any developments on the Behavioral Detection component?

Hi Nathan,

Indeed, we are using BitDefender and Agnitum technology for our antivirus and firewall modules. And the Behavioral Detection has been improved also. As you may already know, the behavioral detection plugin has helped us a lot to get ahead of many of our competitors in most of the tests. Therefore, we are keen to improve it all the time, to be always "ahead of the pack" :).

Also, don't forget important plugins like the Vulnerability Scanner (the old Inspector) that makes a very good team with the Behavioral Detection to detect and fix/remove the 0-day malware and vulnerabilities.

Anyway, i don't want to blab to much on this. You'll convince yourself of what BullGuard v12 can do once the beta testing campaign is launched. ;)

For a sneak preview of the new v12 graphics and more details about what's in it, check out our Facebook page, v12 icons photo album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.190361641021383.49641.106984236025791&type=1

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011

amvlad said:
Hi Nathan,

Indeed, we are using BitDefender and Agnitum technology for our antivirus and firewall modules. And the Behavioral Detection has been improved also. As you may already know, the behavioral detection plugin has helped us a lot to get ahead of many of our competitors in most of the tests. Therefore, we are keen to improve it all the time, to be always "ahead of the pack" :).

Also, don't forget important plugins like the Vulnerability Scanner (the old Inspector) that makes a very good team with the Behavioral Detection to detect and fix/remove the 0-day malware and vulnerabilities.

Anyway, i don't want to blab to much on this. You'll convince yourself of what BullGuard v12 can do once the beta testing campaign is launched. ;)

For a sneak preview of the new v12 graphics and more details about what's in it, check out our Facebook page, v12 icons photo album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.190361641021383.49641.106984236025791&type=1

"We"? So you work for BullGuard or something?

amvlad

Level 1
Aug 3, 2011

Indeed, Dejan. :)

Btw, can you point me to the MalwareUp review, please? If you still have the link, of course. Any criticism makes us more aware of what we need to do to get further. :)

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011

It's not a written review really, we were having a discussion in chat and it eventually led up to a user testing it for a bit inside a VM. I don't remember the exact details of the test, I just remember the person posting screenshot from Task Manager showing high memory usage and testing it against some older malware (such as Virut). I'll test the new version maybe myself and see how it works, once I get to it :)

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011

Dejan said:
... a user testing it for a bit inside a VM. I don't remember the exact details of the test, I just remember the person posting screenshot from Task Manager showing high memory usage ...

I had similar experience shortly after BG 10 was released, I looked at it on VM, had a very high CPU/memory usage [not sure why, maybe amvlad can clarify, but I thought that BG is building some sort of cache?], decided not to upgrade my physical installation.
Some time later I did it, though, and its behavior had nothing to do with what happened when running it in VM. Was working quite alright, no high usage. One thing I was always wondering is how did they, BullGuard, manage to make it so compatible, given Outpost Firewall's relatively high "dislike" to other products' leftovers [I've had a fare share of BSODs and other issues with Outpost Firewall back in 6.x days].

Edit: punctuation.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Here are some screenshots for the upcoming Bullguard Internet Security 12 :

[attachment=777]

[attachment=778]

[attachment=779]

[attachment=780]

The new User Interface looks clean and professional.It's easy to use and all the information are easy to find.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 591
  • 2.png
    2.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 684
  • 3.png
    3.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 635
  • 4.png
    4.png
    103.2 KB · Views: 625

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
They still need to work a little on the ram usage because at this point it's a little high.
[attachment=781]
But even so I can't feel any kind of slowdowns.
Didn't manage to test it but if we take into account the fact that it's using the Bitdefender antivirus engine and the Outpost Firewall/Hips , this product should get some good results.

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 657

NathanF1

Level 2
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Look like abundance of white is the new black in security software UI :), BitDefender being the exception with their Android-inspired dark theme. Avira don't have to change their UI at all and will have a contemporary look and feel - waited long enough for the simplistic interfaces to be back in fashion ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.